Supplement Factory Soya Isolate is a highly refined or purified form of soy protein with a minimum protein content of 90% on a moisture-free basis. It is made from defatted soy flour which has had most of the non-protein components, fats and carbohydrates removed. Because of this, it has a neutral flavor and will cause less flatulence due to bacterial fermentation.
Soybean protein is a "complete protein" since it provides all of the essential amino acids for human nutrition. Soybean protein is essentially identical to that of other legume pulses (that is to say, legume proteins in general consist of 7S and 11S storage proteins), and is one of the least expensive sources of dietary protein. For this reason, soy is important to many vegetarians and vegans.
Category: Protein Powder
• Add one heaped scoop (30g) to 200ml-300ml water or milk.
- Great!Review by Marius (26 September 2016)
- EffectivenessTastePriceBeen using this product for well over a year now, i'm not vegan at all but i use this due to the cheap cost and amount of protein per serving, Have great result, made some solid gains on the soya isolate, using anything between 60-80 grams a day.
- Good quality proteinReview by Christo (15 September 2016)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteThis is a good quality, clean protein if you're vegan or just want to cut out animal products.
The estrogen rumour is far fetched and has been proven over and over again to be completely false. It won't affect your hormone levels in any way.
The taste is very bad, but it's create in a smoothie.
- Good protein sourceReview by Richard (5 February 2016)
- This is a good product. Very well priced. Taste is not for the faint hearted, but if you want results you gotta make sacrifices. Good quality protein.
- rather not... Unless your vegetarian...Review by Gys (5 February 2016)
- This product has a very bad reputation amongst most athletes. Although it has a lot of health benefits like decreasing cholestrol etc... It increases the amount of estrogen produces by the body, which is a female hormone, which can cause you to develop feminine characteristics if consumed in large amounts... So unless your vegetarian rather stick to whey, casein or egg protein...
- Great product with no side effectsReview by Hilton (5 February 2016)
- This a great product, which has no side effects, at least for me. The flavour, or none there of, takes time to get use too and its makes a difference to try it with milk.
- soya proteinReview by chris (5 February 2016)
- TastePriceEffectivenessone of the must have products. Cheap, works great and body looks good. Protein stays longer in system. Love this product.
- Great supplement, gets results.Review by HendriZA (5 February 2016)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteFor any pure isolate protein powder you need to consider adding some extra stuff for flavouring, e.g. 2 bananas and 2 dates go a long way to help sweeten this soy protein isolate.
Some reviewers say taking soy increases estrogen levels in the body but there are no conclusive research studies to prove whether or not this is true. And those studies were based on over excessive consumption which the average body builder is not going to do.
If you have concerns, look at pea protein isolate or protein blends such as brown rice protein blended with pea protein. These cause zero bloat (unlike whey protein aka "protein farts"), have zero cholesterol and have all the benefits of soya protein without the concerns of estrogen production increase. With any protein supplement use in moderation and rather get most protein from legumes and grains.
- Great!Review by Marius (5 February 2016)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteBeen using raw whey for sometime now, and if you can take the taste of raw whey, you will take this with a smile, great product, almost no taste, sure value for money!
Serving Size: 30gr
|Amount per Serving|
|of which Sugars||0 gr|
Soya Isolate, [cocoa powder, emulsifier (soy lecithin) flavouring, sucrolose (in chocolate only)]
Allergen Information: Soya
SKU #: SFSICF