Pre-workout supplementation isn't new. What's exciting about new PLATINUM PRE- is ON's commitment to using safe, effective ingredients in amounts that are clearly listed on the Facts Panel for all to see. There's no marketing hype in this product. This pre-workout formula is 100% business, just like you've come to expect from ON.
Of course, you also expect Optimum Nutrition to provide more, and this Platinum-level pre-workout powder is no exception. In addition to intense energy and focus, the formula supports training performance with beta-alanine and citrulline. A novel fruit extract supports metabolism and a unique PhytoBlend completes the package. Those who demand more depend on Optimum Nutrition.
4 Grams of Micronized Citrulline & PepForm Citrulline Peptides
L-citrulline is a precursor to Nitric Oxide (N.O.) synthesis and may support performance during high-intensity exercise. Each 4-gram dose in PLATINUM PRE- combines micronized L-citrulline with an exclusive patent-pending peptide delivery system.
1.6 Grams of CarnoSyn Beta-Alanine
Beta-alanine is a key building block for carnosine – a compound that helps neutralize acidic byproducts generated during high-intensity training. Research shows that daily supplementation increases muscle carnosine levels, supporting harder and longer training sessions.
150 mg Caffeine
As the subject of numerous studies, caffeine is one of the most well-researched performance enhancing compounds. Along with increased energy and alertness, caffeine has been shown to help sharpen mental focus and reduce the perception of physical effort during exercise.
125 mg Capsicum Fruit Extract
Capsicum from chili peppers provides metabolic support. The capsicum dose in PLATINUM PRE- has been encapsulated so it doesn't interfere with the refreshing fruit flavor.
PhytoBlend + 200 mg Vitamin C
A blend of Beet Juice Powder, Grape Seed Extract, Red Wine Grape Extract and Citrus Bioflavonoids with a potent dose of vitamin C provide antioxidant support to round out this comprehensive pre-workout formula.
|Flavour: Fruit Punch |
Serving Size: 1 Rounded Scoop (10 g)
Servings Per Container: 30
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Energy||134 kJ/ 32 kcal|
|Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid, acerola extract)||100 mg||125%|
|Sodium (as sodium chloride)||49 mg|
|Beta-Alanine as CarnoSyn®||1.6 g|
|PepForm® Leucine||1.2 g|
|Capsicum Extract as Capsimax®||125 mg|
|Grape Seed Extract||65 mg|
|Grapefruit Bioflavonoids||12.5 mg|
|* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|
† Daily Value not established.
Amino Acids (L-Arginine, Beta-Alanine as CarnoSyn), Acidity Regulators (Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Tartaric Acid), PepForm Leucine (WHEY Peptides, L-Leucine), Flavouring, Sweeteners (Sucralose, Acesulfame K), Colour (Beetroot Red), Caffeine, Flavour Enhancer (Potassium Chloride), Capsicum Extract as Capsimax (Capsicum annuum, fruit), L-Ascorbic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Anti-caking Agents (Silicon Dioxide, Calcium Silicate), Grape Seed Extract (Vitis vinifera, seed), Emulsifier: Soy Lecithin, Grapefruit Bioflavanoid Complex
Allergen Information: Contains: Milk, Soy (Lecithin).
May contain gluten, egg, nuts and peanuts.
• Take 1 scoop 20-40 minutes before training, or anytime you want a boost of energy and alertness.
• Mix each scoop with 180-300 ml of cold water (to desired sweetness) and consume immediately.
• Start with 1 scoop or less to assess your tolerance.
• DO NOT EXCEED MORE THAN 2 SERVINGS PER DAY.
Not for use by those with pre-existing medical conditions or those taking any medications, those under the age of 18 or over 50, women that are pregnant, contemplating pregnancy or nursing, or those that are caffeine or beta-alanine sensitive. Do not consume caffeine/stimulants from other sources or within 4 hours of bedtime. Keep out of reach of children.
- DecentReview by Dantheman (9 March 2015)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteOne of the better pre-work outs I have used, but not up to my high expectations from ON. Effects become less pronounced after a week of use; energy factor good but not amazing. Decent pump - which is largely what I expect from a pre-workout. No major problems but at the price will look elsewhere.
- Price dropReview by Michael (13 February 2015)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteWhen it first came out it was very expensive, close to R700 if I remember. But now the price has come down I decided to give it a try. Not crazy 'i want to break down the gym' energy, but smooth which is what I prefer now. Overall good product from ON. Just hope the price stays the same.
- Great Pre DrinkReview by Lulu (15 April 2013)
- Great test, highly effective!
- Quality ProductReview by RedDevil (24 March 2013)
- One of the best pre workouts on the market.
Great pump, energy and focus. No crash after training.
Other than the price, excellent product as always from ON.
- Good PumpReview by Crad (22 March 2013)
- I have doing 2 scoops and i am really impressed with this product. Veins popping out, Purus Labs condense is a similar product. So all in all the product does what it says it does. Has a pepper aftertaste but i like it so no complaints there.
Could be cheaper.
- over hypedReview by ZAYD (20 March 2013)
- great energy due to the caffeine, was surprised to not see any creatine.. great for morning training, definitely not an evening product .. bit overpriced but good quality
- One of The BestReview by Chad (14 March 2013)
- Platinum-pre is probably the best pre-workout currently available. I've tried my fair share (N.O-xplode, Jack3d, Shotgun, Superpump Max) and this for me, is THE BEST.
I'm almost finished my first tub now, and not 1 serving has failed me. I get great pumps, excellent energy and super focus when i hit the gym every time! It has definitely allowed me to push myself to my limit.
Fruit Punch tastes so good I would like to drink it just for fun, I heard the lemonade flavor is just as good. You get quite a tingle from the Beta Alanine, and sometimes a very spicy (peppery) aftertaste, which i don't mind because i know its at work. If you are going to try it, I would suggest zero other caffeine intake during the day to avoid building up resistance to the stimulant.
The only downside is the price, as it is an ON product, it is superior to most - but nevertheless very expensive. The only product that comes very close in terms of performance is N.O Shotgun for me, but Platinum-pre is more concentrated and tastes way better and this makes it the clear winner for me.