NPL Hydro Beef is a protein shake sourced from hydrolyzed beef peptides and not dairy.
One of the benefits of Beef Protein is that it is suitable for lactose intolerant individuals or if you are sensitive to drinking Whey shakes.
The protein in Hydro Beef has been broken down to an extremely small form which allows for better absorption.
A claim that we thought was bold of the manufacturer was the "No Hormones Used" on the product label.
Questioning them on the statement they are confident on the source of the raw materials used. A product with no added hormones is a big plus for the consumer.
Beef protein has the same high amino acid bioavailability as Whey Isolate but has a faster absorption rate.
For Lean Muscle Gains
This is a great post-workout shake due to its fast absorption rate and suitable for most with being lactose free. You would ideally use this if your fitness goal is lean muscle gain or maintenance.
As of this writing it only comes in Chocolate with the flavouring being acceptable to most considering how difficult it is to flavour beef protein.
The beef protein used in this product is manufactured in Switzerland, a country renown for quality raw ingredients.
NPL Hydro Beef is one of the few beef proteins available in South Africa and is a viable alternative to Whey shakes with its superior amino acid content and digestibility.
Serving Size: 3 Level Scoops (36g)
|Amount Per Serving||% NRV *|
|Glycaemic Carbohydrate||6.4 g||-|
|of which total sugar||1.0 g||-|
|Total Fat||0.7 g||-|
|of which total saturated fat||0.1 g||-|
|Dietary Fibre||1.2 g||-|
|Total Sodium||186.0 mg||-|
* % NRV - Nutrient Reference Values for individuals older than 4 years.
HYDROBEEF™ (Hydrolysed Beef Peptide), Maltodextrin 20, Cocoa Powder, Flavouring, Stabilizers, Salt, Non-nutritive Sweetener (Sucralose)
No Allergens Added.
This product is manufactured in a facility that uses raw materials containing Soya, Cow’s Milk, Gluten, Fish, Nuts and Shellfish.
• As a nutritional supplement add 3 rounded scoops (34g) to 180ml - 200ml of cold water and consume 2-4 times daily.
• Use as a recovery post-training drink and/or supplement with or between meals to increase daily protein intake or use as directed by your healthcare practitioner / fitness advisor.
• Serving size and mixing ratios may be adjusted to meet individual requirements and taste preferences.
Consult your doctor prior to use. Not intended for use by persons under the age of 18. Do not use if you are pregnant or nursing unless prescribed by a sports physician/dietitian. Maintain an adequate state of hydration while using this product.
- Good for a local productReview by Byron (11 April 2016)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteAm a big Carnivore fan, but Dischem no longer stock the product. Being lactose intolerant I need a beef protein. Can report that no stomach issue were experienced. Pity about the added creatine though. Would like to add it myself.
Product tastes great and does what it says.