Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Pre-Workout provides energy and razor-sharp focus to perform at your best during your training.
Increased Energy For Training Intensity
You want the best results from your nutrition and gym workouts. Increased training intensity helps maximizing your fitness goals and to up your intensity you need more energy.
Each serving provides 175 mg of caffeine from natural sources which will increase your energy levels and improve your mental focus during training.
No quality pre-workout would be complete without the addition of Beta-Alanine and Creatine which provide an increase in performance by improving endurance and strength. Gold Standard has both of these ingredients.
Added vitamins B1, B6, B12 Niacin and Pantothenic Acid contribute to normal energy-yielding metabolism, which when combined with caffeine helps you train at your peak.
Keeping with the high-quality that ON is known for this product is certified Banned Substance Free making it suitable for a wide range of athletes.
Having a look at the nutrition information this is not the strongest pre-workout on the market.
It is designed for fitness enthusiasts looking for a smooth boost to their training or those who are sensitive to large doses of caffeine.
Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Pre-Workout is another well formulated and effective pre-workout drink from a company known internationally for their premium fitness supplements.
Serving Size: 11 grams
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin D||5.1 µ||(101%†)|
|Vitamin B6||2.0 mg||(140%†)|
|Folic Acid||208 µ||(104%†)|
|Vitamin B12||9.1 µ||(363%†)|
|Pantothenic Acid||10 mg||(167%†)|
|Creatine Monohydrate||3.4 g|
|Acetyl-L-Carnitine HCl||375 mg|
|N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine||250 mg|
|† % Reference intake|
Creatine Monohydrate, Amino Acids (L-Citrulline, Beta-Alanine as CarnoSyn, N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine), Acidity Regulators (Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Tartaric Acid), Flavouring, L-Carnitine, Vitamins (Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Nicotinamide, Calcium D-Pantothenate, Cyancocobalamin, Thiamin Hydrochloride, Cholecalciferol, Pteroylmonoglutamic Acid), Grapefruit Bioflavanoid Complex, Natural Caffeine, Thickeners (Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Carrageenan), Anti-Caking Agents (Silicon Dioxide, Calcium Silicate), Sweeteners (Sucralose, Acesulfame K) Panax notoginseng Root Extract Powder, Colour (Beetroot Red).
Allergen Information: May Contain: Milk, Soy, Gluten, Egg, Nuts and Peanuts.
• Mix 1 level scoop (11 g) in 350 ml of cold water.
• Take one serving 15 – 20 minutes before your gym session.
• Recommended consumption is 1 serving per day.
Consult your physician before using this product if you are taking any medications or are under a physician's care. Only intended to be consumed by healthy adults 18 years of age and older. Not recommended for those that are sensitive to beta-alanine or caffeine. Do not consume caffeine from other sources while taking this product. Beta-alanine may cause a harmless, temporary tingling or flushing sensation. Do not consume with alcohol.
- Pure powerReview by Iron_Man (18 August 2021)
- Rated on performance - 5 stars.
Rated on price - 2 Stars.
It is a very good quality product and gives you good clean energy that keeps on going. The stims are not crazy so you may not get that tingly feeling from this. the strength boosters is not gona give you an instant 1000% increase but it will help you make progressive gains in size & strength in conjunction with the other components.
- oooooReview by Beginner (16 April 2021)
- this product works! but the price is crazy, ON come on now.
- Great ValueReview by Jean-Pierre (6 March 2020)
- Very effective pre-workout even though the price is quite high, really improves workout intensity as well as giving a strength boost for training sessions. Reasonable caffeine content means it does not make you feel like you are about to have a heart attack like some other pre-workouts and you don't crash so heavily once it starts to wear off, highly recommend.
- All round qualityReview by Jaco (13 April 2018)
- Although price is a bit high, you get what you pay for . Your energy doesn’t drop immediately like with most other preworkouts .
- Great Pre.. Tried it and I'm loving itReview by Daddy J (23 July 2017)
- The taste is awesome and no hectic tingling. I'll definitely recommend it to most people wanting a clear focus and it last a bit longer in the system
- Great!Review by King (1 May 2017)
- Very effective pre workout and the taste is superb.
- Gold standard pre work outReview by Lee (8 December 2016)
- Too much money for nothing.....useless product.......
- Very Good QualityReview by Renzo (4 July 2016)
- Optimum always do what they say. Again they've done it. Very nice pre. Makes for a nice change when I need something without creatine. Fruit punch flavor is lovely.
- Not expensive for ONReview by fitnezz (7 April 2016)
- For the price you pay and what you are getting this is a winner. I love ON, but their whey protein has become crazy expensive. This product does what it says and I know there is no funny stuff inside.
- Good Healthy PreWorkout SupplementReview by Ameer (23 March 2016)
- This is a a great-tasting pre-workout with most of the nutrients which have been proven to be beneficial. Ordered the fruit punch flavour and it was very tasty and gave me nice clean energy and focus, with no overpowering rush or come-down, so sleeping is a breeze,
You could take this around 4 hours before bedtime and sleep fine. Great for those sensitive to caffeine.
Note that this does not have vasodilators, or an intense creatine complex, so strictly speaking, this isn't the best for insane weightlifting. If you're looking for an all-round sustainable increase in strength, focus and a bit of stamina, without the side-effects, this is for you.
Be sure to shake the container before use, as it seems bigger granules separate from smaller ones, which might affect how it hits you.
- good stuffReview by Faheem (18 January 2016)
- by far the best
- FantasticReview by Luke (21 November 2015)
- This is by far the best pre-workout i have used in years. Incredible prolonged energy and mental focus. Great vascular dilator.
I would recommend this to anyone, Whether you are a seasoned athlete or just starting out.
Start out with half a scoop and increase the dosage as you get used to the stimulants.
Great for any tested athletes as well, i have used this and passed drug tests.
- Awesome ProductReview by Justin (12 August 2015)
- Awesome pre workout!
It tastes great and gives a smooth and continuous amount of energy throughout a workout.
- Great TasteReview by jemay (3 August 2015)
- I have tried so many preworkouts that it takes a lot for one to stand out for me. I really like this one because it actually has enough beta-alanine in it that I can feel it without adding any additional and the flavors are awesome. Pineapple is subtly sweet but tart, which I love, and the fruit punch actually has some body to it. Instead of a weird "red flavor" the fruit punch actually tastes like fruit, I swear I can taste the pineapple in it. i got a lean muscle and good shape.
- Quality product from a quality brandReview by Brian (28 July 2015)
- No jokes, ON is one expensive brand. But you get what you pay for especially their Whey. Their new preworkout rocks. The price is very affordable for ON and the product works great.
Not crazy 'didn't sleep for 4 days' kind of stuff, just nice and smooth.