Muscle Wellness Superior Whey is a protein shake designed for fitness athletes who demand quality.
Increasing Lean Muscle
Athletes who are on a lean muscle building program need protein to support their goals.
Mostly consumed from food they also supplement their protein intake by using a whey shake which is rapidly absorbed.
This shake gives you the full 25 gram dose of protein recommended for athletes with each serving!
Immune Support and Growth Factors
The manufacturers have add Colostrum which is an extremely nutrient dense thin fluid.
Colostrum has been shown to support the immune system as well as containing growth factors IGF1 and IGF2.
To consistently train at your best you need to recover from your gym sessions. Each serving of this shake has 4 grams of glutamine. Studies have shown that glutamine levels decrease during intense exercise which may affect recovery.
3 Phase Whey Matrix
Three types of whey have been added to give you the benefit of a staged amino acid release time. Making sure you receive the correct kind of protein at the right time to maximize your fitness goals.
The whey used in this product is imported from Germany.
Their ingredients meet the requirements of the International Food Standard which includes HACCP, BRC and GMP.
We can recommend that you give the Muscle Wellness Superior Whey a try if you are looking for an affordable, locally produced protein shake that uses quality imported ingredients!
|Serving Size: 2 Level Scoops (approx. 34 grams) |
Servings per Container: 26 (908 grams) / 58 (2kg) / 94 (3.2kg)
|Amount Per Serving||Per 100 grams|
|Energy||555.9 kJ||1635 kJ|
|Protein||25 g||72.5 g|
|of which Free Form Colostrum Protein containing Growth Factor Igf1 & Igf2, Glycoproteins, Lactalbumin, Serum Albumin and Immunoglobulins||250 mg||735 mg|
|Total Carbohydrates||3.5 g||10.3 g|
|Of which total sugars||2.2 g||6.6 g|
|Total Fats||2.2 g||6.45 g|
|Of which Saturated Fats||1.3 g||3.92 g|
|Dietary Fibre||0.99 g||2.9 g|
|Total Sodium||78.9 mg||232 mg|
|TYPICAL AMINO ACID PROFILE|
|Aspartic Acid||11000 mg|
|Glutamic Acid||19000 mg|
Whey Protein Blend (Micro-Filtrated Whey Concentrate, Isolate and Hydrolysate), Organic Cacao Powder (in chocolate variant only), Natural and Artificial Flavour Blend (Whey powder, Skim Milk powder, RSPO Certified Palm Fruit Oil, Anticaking Agent, Artificial Colourant, Non-nutritive sweetener, Artificial Flavouring, Salt, Vitamin C), Bovine Colostrum, Madagascan Vanilla Bean (in vanilla variant only), Maca Root Powder and Acai berry powder (in wildberry flavour only).
Made in a facility that uses nuts.
• Add 150- 200ml of water or low fat milk to every heaped scoop.
• Do not exceed 2 scoops per serving, but rather consume multiple servings daily.
• Is best used within 30 minutes after a training session.
• Another serving can be used first thing in the morning.
• For a creamy shake add 3 ice cubes to a blender with 200ml water.
- Great ProductReview by ProteinFart (3 July 2019)
- TastePriceEffectivenessDespite the one comment from "dr google" circa 2015, this is a great whey shake.
Mixes easily with water or milk, stirs in and mixes well with oats. Not as sweet as other brands. Have only used the vanilla bean flavour. Strong like cow now.
- Honestly the best tasting whey everReview by Sav (12 June 2019)
- TastePriceEffectivenessReally great with smoothies and also helps build lean muscle ????????????
- The TempterReview by Skinny Dude (15 May 2019)
- TastePriceEffectivenessIf you reading before you buy you are lucky , if you have a sensitive stomach, value taste, clumping ,easy mixing, visible quick gains .this is not for you. 0/10 taste and from packaging it looks so cheap I wanted to return it but it's so cheap so gave it a try stupid idea that was. End of story m buying gold standard
- AverageReview by Singh_M (25 March 2019)
- TastePriceEffectivenessAverage price, average taste, average results
- This ticks all of the boxesReview by Kane (8 October 2018)
- TastePriceEffectivenessIts a good supplement and also produces great results but im worried through. Can my 13 year-old son use this great supplement.
SW: Hello Kane. No, the product is recommended for individuals 18 years and older.
- amino spikedReview by Tim (11 July 2018)
- TastePriceEffectivenessthere are about 7.8 grams of glycine per a 34 grams serving which is way higher than the normal amount of glycine naturally occurring in whey, therefore it was added by the manufacturers so you're getting less protein than stated.
SW: Hi Tim. We reached out to the manufacturer for comment. Below is their feedback
"There is a typo on a our packaging , the amount of glycine that we are are of , should read 2300mg not 23000mg , we will rectify this as soon a possible.
This is in line with the general whey protein specification range ."
- Good productReview by Ray (28 June 2018)
- TastePriceEffectivenessWill buy again.
- Pleasantly SurprisedReview by Shaun DIE BOM (27 February 2018)
- TastePriceEffectivenessI bought this for the first time last month and I am honestly quite impressed. The taste was great (Vanilla), it mixes well enough and the price on special is very good. I would take this over the other local brands any day especially Evox which smells and tastes disgusting. New Strawberry flavour on its way!
- FantasticReview by Duman (8 February 2018)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteTried the chocolate flavour
Tasted great, and had zero bloat.
Not sure how well it does for growth yet, only been on it for a couple of weeks, but it's great for recovery.
- Good on the pocket, not so great on the stomachReview by Doon (3 January 2018)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteBought the 3.2kg tub and only recently finished it after a few months. The price was great but I did get bloated from it. My only major criticism was that it burned my throat. Not sure if this was just the chocolate flavour, but no matter what I mixed the shake with - water or milk - there was always a burning sensation in the back of my throat.
- Love the taste and light, flowing consistencyReview by Riaan (28 August 2017)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteBought vanilla flavor on special. Dissolves hassle free - no lumps. Tastes amazing - I don't have a sweet tooth so that just might be it.
Just bought two more! Still on special... really good stuff!
- Very suprisedReview by Josh (11 August 2017)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteSuper easy going vanilla. Smells real. Could do with a bit more sweetness but you definitely wont get sick of the flavour as it tastes genuine. Price was also decent.
- Inconsistent TasteReview by Carmz Green (12 July 2017)
- EffectivenessTastePriceI use this daily and it works very well, the taste however has been inconsistent, I bought a 2 kg which tasted good enough and so I bought a 3.2kg (it tastes AMAZING), I've just started a new 3.2kg container and it's back to tasing like the 2 kg I bought... the packaging is all the new branding on all three.. but the taste is VASTLY different. So confused
- Quality vs Price. Taste could be better.Review by Kenneth (2 July 2017)
- EffectivenessTastePriceOverall great product. Taste could be improved (chocolate). Will try vanilla on the purchase.
- greatest pure wheyReview by sivie (6 October 2016)
- TastePriceEffectivenessThe top supplements for lean muscles are BCAA, GLUTAMINE AND PURE whey and this product gives u 5 grams of BCAA, 4 grams of GLUTAMINE and 25g of protein per serving. No carbs or fat, broke the record and quick results too.
- great tasteReview by Sj (18 July 2016)
- TastePriceEffectivenessLike the taste. mixes well. will buy again.
- ShaneReview by Big Improvement (6 April 2016)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteTried their protein shake a few years back, flavour wasn't great and I had a bit of stomach issues. Came back to S.A. and saw that they are still around so bought a small tub to try first. Much better. Taste is great with zero bloating. Could stand-up to the international products I was using overseas. The price is very friendly on the pocket.
- best on the marketReview by jono (7 March 2016)
- TastePriceEffectivenessvery happy with the Muscle Works product , i have got superb results with this product , i have used plenty of other brands and ive decided to stick with this one
- A bit differentReview by Gizmo (4 March 2016)
- TastePriceEffectivenessI've been using this product on and off for 2 years. I definitely can notice a change with the new packaging. Sometimes made me fart, but the last tub didn't .... nada. Still one of the best priced supps around.
- Mixablility and quality of proteinReview by Alchemist (9 February 2016)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteI bought this protein for use during the day but found that the quality of protein is bad, example mixing the protein in a glass vs using a good quality protein like gold standard in a glass ( mixing with a spoon) - one of the signs of bad protein is mix ability although it does provide me with the nutrition that I need.