Glutamine is a powerfully beneficial amino acid, being the most abundant amino acid in muscle cells. With extremely hard training, intra-muscular glutamine levels can drop and when muscle glutamine levels fall, muscle cell volume decreases resulting in muscle catabolism (muscle loss). As glutamine plays a role in immune responses, this fall in glutamine levels partly explains the increased susceptibility of hard training athletes to infections.
Supplementing with glutamine during intense training cycles helps prevent a drop in glutamine levels, thereby helping maintain proper cell volume & hydration levels as well as providing a potent anti-catabolic (muscle preserving) effect. Research and real world evidence strongly suggests that L-glutamine supplementation in hard training athletes plays an important role in assisting with recovery, enhancing muscle cell volume and preventing muscle catabolism by maintaining optimal muscle metabolism.
To maximise L-glutamines anabolic, anti-catabolic and cell volumising effects, consume extra fluid every day and increase your daily protein intake by way of a high quality pure protein supplement such as SSN's 100% Whey Protein.
Category: Vitamins & Supplements
- Superb buyReview by Ashveer (9 April 2014)
- EffectivenessTastePriceCost effective, physically effective.... an all round excellent purchase. Has good solubility and not bitter compared to other products out on the market
- decent resultReview by Larry (8 April 2014)
- PriceEffectivenessTastealthough I'm not a big fan of glutamine right now, it really helped during workouts when I was dieting
- Better of the othersReview by Matthew (21 November 2013)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteOut of all I have had this has been the best value and effectiveness!
- greatReview by Darren (6 November 2013)
- PriceEffectivenessTastedissolves excellently you must just give it enough time, tase is average and works well
- Guess its goodReview by Lizani (12 October 2013)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteI just finished my 1st pack. Wouldn't know whether it works or not as I progress slowly, lasted a few months due to cycling it. Like all other Glutamines, the bitterness is just a bit offsetting.
- Great value and effectiveReview by Deemo (17 August 2013)
- TastePriceEffectivenessGreat value for money...91 servings per bag and awesome pharmaceutical grade glute. Been using it for years!
Serving Size: 1 Rounded Teaspoon
|Amount per Serving||% DV*|
|Pharmaceutical Grade L-Glutamine||5g||*|
* Percent Daily Values not established.
Contains no common allergens.
This product is made in a facility that uses egg, dairy, soy, wheat (gluten) and nuts.
• Mix one rounded teaspoon (5g) with cold liquid, one to three times daily.
• Take one 5 gram serving immediately following your workout, ideally mixed with a carbohydrate/protein shake.
Seek advice from a health care professional before use if you have any pre-existing medical condition. Discontinue use and consult your doctor if any adverse reactions occur.
SKU #: SSNGLUTCF