Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey is a premium protein shake to support lean muscle gains.
Build Lean Muscle
The number one supplement that athletes and gym enthusiasts use is a whey shake.
It gives your body a good source of protein to repair muscle tissue from exercise and start the building process. Each serving of this shake provides you with 24 grams of quality protein.
Improved Workout Recovery
You need to recover from your workouts to maximize your fitness goals. Your body starts to transform during periods of rest provided it has the correct nutrition available.
With all the naturally occurring essential and nonessential amino acids, 4 grams of glutamine and 5.5 grams of BCAA’s this product is loaded with the right ingredients for optimal recovery.
Optimum Nutrition is the most internationally recognized producer of premium protein shakes. 100% of the protein comes from whey which is manufactured in Ireland under strict EU GMO regulations.
3 Stage Blend
The high protein content per serving is achieved by using a blend of ultra-pure Hydrolysed and Isolate whey together with Concentrate. This mixture starts giving you protein almost immediately making it ideal for training recovery.
If you are sensitive to lactose a digestive enzyme complex has been added to minimize the discomfort experienced from drinking a dairy-based protein shake.
The enzymes help your body to breakdown and absorb the protein and lactose more efficiently.
Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey is possibly the best selling protein shake in the world. Known for its unrivalled quality it has developed a loyal following of athletes over the last 20 years.
- FELL IN LOVE WITH ITReview by thozh (28 March 2017)
- EffectivenessTastePricelast year October was my first time using whey, i bought this particular whey, boy i must say, it tastes great, works wonderful , i started seeing some muscle definition sometime in November and i fell in love with this product. have never tried others though but i am sticking with one.
- Simple – Exercise – Drink ON – Muscles grow!Review by Ice (28 February 2017)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteI have first tried the 900g because it's so expensive (cookies & cream very nice). I am going to order the 2.2kg now - this whey works amazing. I recover quickly. I have been using whey now for 5 years and I can now actually see my muscles grow and getting definition quickly for the 1st time.
However, I will see how long this one lasts and whether I can/will afford going on with this.
If not, I will definitely alternate with ON every 2nd or 3rd month. No other whey works like this one.
- it is my first time using this and it is perfect and very tastey.Review by bhekiJono (26 January 2017)
- PriceEffectivenessTastebest protein ever ,i promote this product
- niceReview by a_d (28 October 2016)
- PriceEffectivenessTastevery nice, best in the world
- #1Review by Ayrt (25 October 2016)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteBy far, the best protein that I've ever used. I've been on a strict meal plan training 6 days a week and taking my shake immediately after my session. GAINS!!! Being accused of using other stuff at the gym. That's how much of a difference using quality protein makes.
- Simply the bestReview by Jay (18 August 2016)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteI've been drinking protein shakes for about 15 years now, from various suppliers, so trust me when I say this protein shake is the best - by MILES.
Why? Firstly, I've always hated the taste of protein shakes, but somehow ON figured out how to make them taste like actual milkshakes (even if you mix it with water, like I do). Just make sure you mix it properly (not too much liquid). And that is my other favourite thing about this product - I literally mix 1 scoop in about 150 ml of water! WITH A TEASPOON... and it's done! No more blenders and shakers filled with 500 ml of thick, disgusting-tasting gunk that makes you feel full and bloated...
But most of all, the results are obvious. (Assuming you know what you're doing in the gym). The quality of the muscle I gained over 6-8 weeks was unmatched by any other supplements I've taken. And it wasn't just me who noticed it, two guys actually came up to me in the gym and asked me how I got the definition in my muscles. My answer: "dumbbells, 10-12 reps, and ON Whey".
I don't care about the price. I can never go back to another protein shake.
- Great productReview by Cohen R (9 February 2016)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteBeen using it for 3 months now and I can see noticeable differences with regards to lean muscle. By far, the best whey on the market. Been using cookies and cream which smells and tastes devine!
- Great... But pricyReview by Ciffsome (19 November 2015)
- TastePriceEffectivenessBest stuff on the market, but quite expensive
- Well I tried eveything. And only this works!Review by Will (26 August 2015)
- TastePriceEffectivenessI have tried so many protein supplements and I always have the same reaction! POOP! But not this! This is the only Whey I can consume with no side effects. I would highly recommend this!
P.S. I am not lactose intolerant but can't stomach Whey Protein
- Fantastic but expensiveReview by JP (13 August 2015)
- TastePriceEffectivenessI become depressed when it's finished because of the cost of replacing it, but I have seen the difference in quality compared to peers based on the results I experienced. Just expected a little more on the taste side, especially for the price you pay.
- best prorein iv usedReview by kyle (8 October 2014)
- TastePriceEffectivenessOn 100% whey is a very good protein powder, it works well with my body. It dissolves very very easy, doesn't have the best taste IMO. On 100% Whey goes perfect with on pure creatine!
- Can never get enough!Review by Zubie (8 September 2014)
- TastePriceEffectivenessI am using my first 2.2kg tub its amazing.. Only 2 weeks into the tub and I feel much stronger and gained lean muscle mass rapidly with a balance diet of cause.. I am stacking it with MuscleTech CreaCore at the end of every successful session.. Feel like an unstoppable juggernaut indeed.. Muscle fibers are ripping through my clothes.. Feel like a new and improved superman.. Optimum Gold Standard Whey is thee best!!!! :D
- Chocolate SupremeReview by Johan (11 July 2014)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteMixes very well. Tastes good in both milk and water. Keeps my cravings under control. I've had good gains while using this product.
- Cant go wrongReview by gareth (3 December 2013)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteIncredible product once again. This quite simply has to be one of the best if not the best protein supplements on the market! Been using it for months and will never change. Its pricey but worth every cent. Results can be seen and felt within short space of time.
- NO 1 !!Review by Tiaan (26 November 2013)
- PriceEffectivenessTastegreat taste and it mix very easy.
I've had Vanilla for a while now and it was the best tasting vanilla shake by far but I prefer Double Rich Choc
- AmazingReview by Nick (1 November 2013)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteThe best protein product on the market by far. Premium price for premium results
- excellent whey!Review by Gareth (14 October 2013)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteTook this protein after taking many others and it has definitely been the best out of all of them. Great results and the taste and texture of the shake is perfect and easy to get down after a hard workout. Big ups to optimum nutrition
- ExcellentReview by Yeskiel (9 October 2013)
- TastePriceEffectivenessWorks brilliantly,you pay for what you get.
- Excellent productReview by derek (15 September 2013)
- TastePriceEffectivenessYou get what you pay for,even though its pricey but you are getting the best product with the results
- Best of the BestReview by Jason (28 August 2013)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteTried various flavors from this Gold Standard, besides that, great product, works really well, saw awesome gains of lean muscle, helped me during recovery.
Vanilla: 6/10 a little bland
Double Rich Choc: 10/10 Best by far!
Caramel Toffee Fudge: 8/10 awesome as well, for people with a sweet tooth.
- Good stuffReview by Hooligan (12 July 2013)
- TastePriceEffectivenessIt works!
- LOVE itReview by Philip (10 July 2013)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteHonestly, the best Whey Protein available today, taste and effectiveness are superb. I have nothing bad to say about this, my personal favourite.
- The Best!!Review by duncan (29 May 2013)
- This is one of many few products that really guarantees for its worth honestly. When i used this people told me though could see a visible difference within 2 weeks. Only my 2nd time using it and can't wait to combine this with some hard work. Bit pricey, if you can afford it, go for it! Won't be disappointed, there's a reason its Gold Standard.
- BEST SUPPLEMENT FOR LEAN MUSCLEReview by wandi (7 May 2013)
- This has to be the best supplement on the market. tastes great mixes well, it is a bit pricey but its worth the money. it also last long as well. combined with a good diet you can expect huge gains.
- ExcellentReview by Zubair (2 April 2013)
- There is a reason why this is the number 1 selling supplement in the world at the moment. Taste is amazing but the results are outstanding.
- FantasticReview by Mohammed (10 March 2013)
- brilliant product, must have!!!
- very goodReview by ismail (5 February 2013)
- best whey protein on the market
- Best protein ever!Review by Chad (20 January 2013)
- You want to build muscle? You NEED this after the gym. Stops muscle catabolism and has some extra amino acids packed in there for you. A very good product by a very good brand.
- Excellent Whey ProteinReview by Kickor (11 January 2013)
- I have the Vanilla Flavoured ON 2.2 kg, & its excellent protein supplement.
Unfortunately, the Vanilla flavour is not very good & has a terrible after taste.
Best Whey Protein I've used yet, lean muscle gain visible.
- BEST EVERReview by Renier (25 December 2012)
- This is by far the best whey there is, and in rating around the world is proof thereof. bit pricey at first, but cause of the high standard of this whey, you use less per serving and therefore lasts longer. Must have in your training diet.
- best whey everReview by Yusuf (26 November 2012)
- This is the best whey i have ever used and the results are great as well as the taste money well spent.
- WOWReview by Shalla (22 October 2012)
- I have been taking different shakes for years and this by far has been the best shake I have ever had. I would suggest this shake to any way....well up to O.N
- excellentReview by Cameron (20 October 2012)
- I bought this product a month ago, it lasts for ever! Really put on some good muscle and helped cut at the same time! Something that is usually impossible, its a bit pricey but as I said it lasts really long, for the 2.2kg it lasts around a month and 2 weeks if you take 3 servings a day, best protein shake out there, and also loaded with bcaa's which is a plus, BUY THIS PROTEIN!
- no.1Review by Tiaan (2 October 2012)
- Best whey in the world ... GO FOR IT
- QualityReview by Mak (13 September 2012)
- Costs so much, because it's a quality product, that simple. If you can't afford it try muscle works superior whey, kauai use it in some of their smoothies. Costs R429 for 2000g. My favourite ON flavour so far is French vanilla creme, trying caramel toffee fudge next.
- There's a reason it's called Gold StandardReview by Edwin (3 July 2012)
- I've used most brands on the market today and nothing compares it overall package.
My previous go-to protein was BSN Syntha 6 and I must admit I never thought I would find something nearly as effective and great tasting.
I mix this up with some BCAA', Creatine a tablespoon of peanut butter and a banana. The best tasting protein shake out there. No stomach problems as a bonus!!!
- fantastic productReview by Deidre (27 June 2012)
- delicious tasting, rich and creamy but not too sweet.
very effective after 3 months of using i could see the results.
highly recommend, only downside is the price.
- Not so badReview by Salatiso (19 June 2012)
- I've recenctly acquired a bottle of this and can say relatively speaking its not that expensive considering you need not buy Glutamine or BCAA's.
In terms of taste it's ok but I found the consistency a little weak to be honest. In fact, I've decided to take this only as an after workout shake and will buy Synergy and use them together because I've had great results and I love both the taste and consistency of Synergy.
- Goodstuff but PriceyReview by Kyle (18 June 2012)
- Been using this for about 3 weeks and can already see improvements. Definitely recommend this product, but only for the serious gymers and for the serious people who have the cash flow. Don't think i can afford this stuff again, which is very sad, was looking forward to getting more. Getting pricey now.
- GoodReview by Monard (8 June 2012)
- I have been using this product for 6 months now, very good results. Taste great with both water or Skim milk (white water). Really recommended and the only product in a 5kg format. thumbs up!
- NUMBER 1Review by Kyle (6 June 2012)
- Best tasting Shake by far!!! And ive been through a couple in my lifetime. First time to ON, due to budget. But can kick myself that i didn't get on this stuff earlier!! It really is value for money, specially the big pack!! Main thing i love is that it is so easy on the stomach, its pure and light!! Cant wait to order another!!
- AwesomeReview by Juan (30 May 2012)
- Love the taste and texture. Just wish they could do something about the price.
- Whey GoldReview by Woldz (23 May 2012)
- the brand is just the best, this is by far the best protein product out there. i tried it a while ago, gained 10 kgs of muscle, and i stayed lean. I recommend this product for all of my clients i train, and for anyone who wants to put some great amount of muscle
- Awesome tasteReview by Timothy (7 May 2012)
- Seriously the best tasting shake i've ever used.
- GreatReview by YN (3 May 2012)
- Its easy to say this is one of the best protein products out there. it mixes easily and tastes great. The price for the S.A market though is way too high. Would have bought more if it was more economical.
- FANTASTICReview by Cullen (27 April 2012)
- Fantastic in every way. If you got the cash get the largest pack of the stuff, lasts forever and chocolate tastes awesome!
- best wheyReview by Adriaan (12 March 2012)
- This whey is one of the best i've ever used great amount of protein intake there is a reason why ON is one of the top brands really great product
- Thumbs upReview by Calvin (13 January 2012)
- One of the best whey proteins out there decent taste and reasonably effective considering price
- Best WheyReview by Ari (31 December 2011)
- Optimum is the best Whey in my opinion, Only problem is the price tag.
- Great stuff!!Review by Casper (11 December 2011)
- Good product that has a great taste, has helped me allot
Flavour: French Vanilla Creme
|Amount per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Energy||490 kJ / 117 kcal||6%*|
|1of which saturates||0.7 g||3%*|
|of which sugars||1.3 g||1%*|
|* Reference intake of an average adult|
|† Daily Value not established.|
Protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate [Emulsifier: Soy Lecithin], Whey Protein Concentrate, Hydrolysed Whey Protein Isolate), Flavourings, Salt, Sweeteners (Sucralose, Acesulfame K), Enzyme Complex (Amylase, Protease, Cellulase, Beta-D-Galactosidase, Lipase).
Contains: milk, soy (lecithin).
May contain gluten, egg, nuts and peanuts.
Category: Nutrition Drinks & Shakes
Add one rounded scoop to a shaker filled with 180 – 240 ml of your preferred beverage.
Cover and shake for 25-30 seconds.
The most effective time to have a serving is first thing in the morning and straight after your workout.
Can be used for more than just protein shakes. Try mixing a scoop into oatmeal, yogurt or the milk you pour over your morning breakfast cereal.