SSN's Micellar Casein Protein is a superior quality, incredible tasting, bio-engineered protein supplement. At the core of this cutting edge protein formulation is the most undenatured form of isolated milk protein – Micellar Casein.
Casein in its micellar form has a unique molecular structure, which when digested yields the bioactive peptides - glycomacropeptide, casomorphins and casein-phosho-peptide. These peptides have many muscle building, immune-enhancing and recovery boosting properties.
In addition to supplying these bioactive peptides, scientific studies have shown that Micellar Casein is the most anti-catabolic of all proteins (Boire et.al.1997), helping to prevent the breakdown of muscle tissue during and after intense exercise.
The anti-catabolic properties of Micellar Casein can be attributed largely to its unique ability to supply elevated amino acid levels to the bloodstream for prolonged periods (up to 8 hours) after consumption, thereby allowing the body to repair and build muscle tissue after exercise for sustained periods of time.
This unique property of SSN's Micellar Casein Protein makes it the most effective protein supplement to use between meals or at night before bed to keep your muscles fed with a consistent stream of muscle building amino acids between meals and whilst you sleep.
Serving Size: 1 Scoop (30 g)
Servings Per Container: 25
|Amount Per Serving||Per 100g|
|Energy||464 kJ/111 Cal||1548 kJ/370 Cal|
|of which Fibre||0,5g||1,7g|
|† Daily value not established|
Micellar Casein enriched (92%) Milk Protein Isolate, Cocoa, Flavours, Guar Extract, Sodium Chloride, Modified Starch, Soya Lecithin, Sucralose.
Micellar Casein enriched (92%) Milk Protein Isolate, Flavours, Guar Extract, Sodium Chloride, Modified Starch, Soya Lecithin, Sucralose.
Allergen Warning: Dairy (Milk), Soy (Lecithin).
This product is made in a facility that uses egg, dairy, soy, wheat (gluten) and nuts.
• As a dietary supplement, add 1 scoop (approx 30 g) to 175-200 ml of cold water or fat free milk in a shaker and shake vigorously for 25-30 seconds.
• Adjust to your desired consistency by varying the amount of liquid that you use.
For a high protein, instant pudding treat just add 1-1,5 level scoops (approx 30-45 g) of SSN's Micellar Casein Protein to a small bowl and stir in just enough cold water or fat free milk using a fork or spoon to form a thick, creamy, instant pudding consistency and enjoy!
Use one to two servings daily to provide valuable lean muscle building nutritional support. Serving size and number of daily servings can be adjusted to meet individual protein requirements. Alternatively use as directed by your fitness advisor.
Tip: To optimally support your muscle building efforts consume approximately 2,2 g of protein per kilogram of body weight per day through a combination of high protein foods and protein supplements. Ideally consume your daily protein requirement over several small meals, spread evenly throughout the day. Consider taking SSN's Micellar Casein Protein immediately before bed and in between meals when delayed protein delivery is desired and using SSN's 100% Whey Protein immediately after workouts for rapid delivery of amino acids.
By adding a few high-energy ingredients (e.g. bananas, strawberries, mixed berries, natural peanut or almond butter, flaxseed or coconut oil, yoghurt etc) to your protein shakes you can blend up a delicious and nutritious meal. By adding other SSN supplements like Creatine, Glutamine or BCAA powders, you can make SSN's Micellar Casein Protein an even more effective recovery product.
Seek advice from a health care professional before use if you have any pre-existing medical condition. Discontinue use and consult your doctor if any adverse reactions occur. Use this prodct as a food supplement only and consume in conjunction with a nutritious diet and appropriate physical training program. Do not use as a sole source of nutrition for weight reduction. Only effective as part of an energy controlled, balanced diet.
- Above average productReview by Mo (1 October 2019)
- This is an above average product. Much better than USN or Evox casein which are not true micellar casein products as they contain caseinates which are chemicals. My recovery was not great while using this. The taste is not great either. NPL casein is a much better product in terms of recovery and taste.
- Perfect for night timeReview by Warrick (12 February 2015)
- I work long hours so don't have time to always cook a good meal before bed. This is great as it last till the morning. Taste is nothing to shout about but bearable. Have tried other casein products, this works the best for me. Tip: for a dessert, mix it and put it in the freezer for 10 - 15 minutes. Chocolate mousse.
- GreatReview by Morne (28 November 2014)
- I use it a carb free meal replacement. Taste is ok, but the price is good for the kind of casein. Have been using it for approximately 4 months.