Sometimes slower is better - especially when it comes to the rate of protein digestion. While rapid protein absorption is desirable immediately before or after exercise, delayed release is probably more beneficial throughout the remainder of the day.
Casein proteins found in Optimum Nutrition 100% Casein Protein are pH sensitive and gel in the acidic environment of the stomach. As a result, it can take more than twice as long for caseins to be broken down into their amino acid subcomponents than whey and other proteins. Because of their unique time-released qualities, caseins are aptly described as anti-catabolic or muscle-protecting proteins.
• 24 g Instantized Blend of SLOW-DIGESTING CASEIN-Based Proteins
• Rich in Highly Anti-Catabolic MICELLAR CASEIN
• Over 9 g of BCAAs, Glutamine, and Glutamine Precursors per Scoop
|Serving Size: 32g |
Servings Per Container: 56
|Calories from Fat|
Aminogen is a registered trademark
• Take Optimum Nutrition 100% Casein immediately before bed and in between meals when delayed protein delivery is desired.
• Drink Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard before and immediately after workouts for a rapid "shot"of amino acids.
- great productReview by Larry (8 April 2014)
- PriceEffectivenessTastegained really solid muscle while using this a my bedtime shake. bit pricey but real value for money
- Delicious and high quality protein powderReview by Ania (13 December 2013)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteCasein powder is amazing for baking and making protein fluff, and of all the casein powders I've had, ON makes the best tasting of the lot. Great for bulking and great for keeping you full for a long time. Yeah, it's a bit pricey, but ON is one of the most trustworthy brands in the game, so you know that each tub will contain what's advertised.
- The bestReview by Renzo (11 December 2013)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteNever have I had a better alternative to Pudding before i go to bed!!
- BestReview by Yeskiel (9 October 2013)
- TastePriceEffectivenessThe best casein on the market.Fuels your muscles as you sleep resulting in good recovery and muscle gains
- Very good before bedReview by Chad (20 January 2013)
- Your body only has enough protein in it for about 6-7 hours while you sleep, when it runs out, muscle catabolism kicks in and you start losing muscle mass. Casein protein stops that from happening. It creates a protein 'drip effect' and feeds protein into your muscles for about 9 hours to stop you from losing muscle mass and you wake up without that burning hunger sensation that a lot of gymers like myself wake up with.
- Best I've usedReview by Renzo (26 November 2012)
- Great taste! Like a desert that kept me full all night, did great things for my recovery!
- top stuffReview by Yusuf (8 November 2012)
- really great stuff if you can afford it
- Brilliant ProductReview by Dinko9 (14 September 2012)
- I've gained some solid muscle using this product. The taste is amazing. Blend a cup of ice, Greek yogurt and a scoop of this together, heaven!
- Just what you need!!Review by Kyle (1 August 2012)
- With my busy lifestyle, i only eat supper after 9pm every night. which is not good!!! But as soon as i got me some of this stuff. Its one shake, then I'm full and ready for bed, and keeps me full till morning. This stuff is really the best!! Recommend it!!
- Good casein proteinReview by Yn (3 May 2012)
- Just like the whey, it mixes and tastes great. Its ideal before bed and you can even blend it with the whey for optimal fast and slow absorption.Price is way out though when compared to S.A market.
- One of the bestReview by Tee (15 February 2012)
- It has great taste and u get results body wise
- Important if youre bulkingReview by Dominic (12 February 2012)
- Tastes amazing especially cookies and cream. I took it right before bed as your body can utilize this slow release protein to repair muscle during the normal nocturnal repair cycle. I did observe muscle gains on it. Awesome product. Trustworthy.
- Best CaseinReview by Ari (31 December 2011)
- Optimum is known for creating the best Protein powders and this is no different. Far better than the local brands in quality and tastes great to.
- the real dealReview by Matt (4 July 2011)
- Mix this with organic milk pre bed for a great slow release formula. This mixes just as a good casein should - sludge like. It almost has a texture similar to custard. Really good product that I can trust. I have also taken Evox casein , not bad but I'm not sure its as good as this. If you can spend the few extra bones then definitely purchase ON.
- Better than a miloReview by Jared (21 June 2011)
- I find that I have managed to stall mass loss a bit with this. I find it hard to maintain mass. The taste on the chocolate one is AMAZING and it is really nice and thick and creamy mixed with a shaker and a block of ice.
- Guilt-free desertReview by Kagiso (1 February 2011)
- Nice and thick cookies n cream flavour is just the pre-bed desert I need. Drink it during t he day as well to stop the munchies!
Great product, worth all the money!
- very goodReview by Larry (17 December 2010)
- gained some solid muscle while using this pre-bed for a few months. a bit pricey but well worth it
- Great tasteReview by Stefan (11 August 2010)
- Muscles feels fuller already,it was the missing link! Love it!
- Do it!Review by Michael (28 July 2010)
- Chocolate is wonderful and thick! very pleased with it! It helped keep me full for longer and helped control cravings! Use in conjunction with the Optimum nutrition whey protein to see good body improvements while staying lean!
- Great StuffReview by TK (3 May 2010)
- Mixed with milk, this is a great tasting shake just before going to bed. It keeps my hunger pains down when I wake up in the morning and keeps me in an anabolic state while I sleep.