Muscle Works Ultimate Carbomaize is a blend of amino acids and carbohydrates intended for intra and post workout use. This blend also contains Vitargo® and waxy maize starch which are long chain glucose polymers.
This product is designed for endurance and resistance training due to its high carbohydrate content, and can be used in the loading phase (preparation), during training (energy), or post training (replace).
In addition to the carbohydrate blend, amino acids have been included for additional benefit.
Category: Vitamins & Supplements
For endurance training exceeding 2 hours:
• Mix 1 heaped scoop (30g) of Muscle Works Carbomaize with 300ml of water.
• Drink after 30 minutes, and finish within 2 hours of starting. Mix 2 more scoops for longer than 2 hours.
• Mix 1 scoop (30g) with 300ml of water and consume immediately post training.
Resistance training of 30 to 60 minutes:
• Dissolve one heaped scoop into 300 ml water.
• Start sipping during the last 10 minutes of your training and 10 minutes after.
- Sick pumpsReview by Warren (27 February 2015)
- TastePriceEffectivenessStart sipping on it during my training and finish before the end. Great pumps because of the carbs going into your muscles. Gives me energy for the whole workout.
- does the jobReview by Johann (27 August 2012)
- the taste is not the best but it does the job. I wont settle on this product and will try a different one next time round.
- unmatched fulnessReview by PDVM (6 October 2011)
- I have never felt so full after a workout! Great endurance and recovery gains from this product
Would definitely recommend it in the off season!
- unmatched vascularityReview by PDVM (6 October 2011)
- Sure, this product does not give one amazing energy, but the pumps are well worth it! It also contains so many nutrients that are very good for building and preserving muscle, really nice for those bicep days!
- Not bad for localReview by HB (29 March 2011)
Used both the naartjie and the lime flavour. First attempt was somewhat slimy as when stood for a little while the mix goes gloopy. I chatted to the guys from MW and they said they have changed the formula and this should no longer happen. Second time around the effect was apparent, no longer gloopy as they said.
I find it difficult to tell if this product is as good as or any better than any other waxy maize starch as I can't honestly say I feel better or worse when using it. Physiologically it can only help using this product so if waxy maize is your thing then this is a good product.
I'd be very excited to see a cherry flavour :-)
- IntraReview by Keagan (20 October 2010)
- Intra workout, that Im not crazy about, although for those who are, its extremely fast acting and assists the muscles in hydration and recovery through an incredible session, highly recommended.
|Serving Size: 1 heaped scoop (30g) |
Servings per Container: 20
|Per 30g||Per 100g|
|Protein And Amino Acid Complex||800mg||2560mg|
|Hydrolyzed Whey Protein|
|Intensity And Endurance||850mg||2720mg|
|Insulin Potentiating Complex||4.25mg||13.6mg|
|Alpha Lipoic Acid|
Vitargo®, Waxy Maize Starch, Dextrose, Maltodextrine, Peptopro®, Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Creatine Monohydrate, Taurine, L-Glutamine, L-Leucine, L-Valine, L-Isoleucine, L-Arganine, Beta Alanine, Flavour, Sweetener (Akesulphame K, Sodium Cyclamate, Sodium Saccharine), Potassium Phosphate, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Vanadyl Sulphate.
This product contains gluten.
SKU #: MWCMHCF