Glutamine has become more prominent as new studies reveal its unique contribution to protein synthesis muscle growth, anti-catabolic function (prevents muscle tissue breakdown) and growth hormone elevating effects.
Glutamine provides a critical link in muscle metabolism not shared by any other single amino acid. USN's L-Glutamine powder is pure, pharmaceutical grade L-Glutamine, an odorless and tasteless powder.
Glutamine found in USN L-Glutamine is the most abundant single amino acid in the blood and in the intracellular free amino acid pool (most abundant amino acid in muscle tissue). It comprises 61% of the amino acid pool in skeletal muscle cells.
In fact, Glutamine alone is responsible for 35% of the nitrogen that gets into the muscle cell. Glutamine literally drives muscle building nitrogen into the muscle cell where it is synthesized for growth.
Glutamine concentrations fall remarkably after training and remain low until complete recovery. What this means is, the very rigors of weight training "leak" nitrogen carrying glutamine from muscle tissue, counteract the fall in muscle protein synthesis, and improve nitrogen balance. Glutamine overcomes "The Training Paradox".
You train with weights to build muscle. The more intensely you train, and the heavier the overload you subject your muscles to, the greater the growth response will be. Glutamine is a key factor in muscle growth, and in controlling the "skeletal muscle / whole body glutamate gradient". It is also critical in maintaining and building muscle tissue. The higher the muscle glutamate levels you can maintain, the less chance you have of falling into catabolism and the faster muscle will grow.
We all know growth hormone is an important anabolic hormone. The most important anabolic hormone! It regulates the metabolic processes (including protein synthesis) in almost all tissue throughout the human life span. Growth hormone provokes several anabolic actions on skeletal muscle: the uptake of glucose and amino acids, activation of muscle protein synthesis, suppression of muscle protein catabolism, and the utilization of body fat for energy.
Category: Vitamins & Supplements
• Take one serving 2-5 times daily with water.
• Take one serving prior to workout and another serving following your workout.
• For best results, take a last serving 10 minutes prior to bedtime.
- much loveReview by Shalala (29 January 2017)
- EffectivenessTastePricerecovery well after intense training
- No complaints!Review by Matthew (24 March 2014)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteFor the price its well worth it! Works well and hardly any taste!
- Good recovery productReview by Zack (29 July 2013)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteDefinitely a useful product for recovery and helps to increase intensity when training. Great price as well!
- Good productReview by Peet (12 April 2013)
- Great effectiveness + good price - weird taste
= Good product.
Buy it, its worth it!
- HelpsReview by Shanzo (8 April 2013)
- Glutamine does help with recovery a bit. this product didn't have a major effect on me, but I did feel a difference the next morning after those intense sessions-less soreness than when I didn't take it. The price is not bad also
- Very goodReview by ross (17 November 2012)
- This Glutamine is very GOOD, it taste horrible but that just like every Glutamine.
Repairs the muscles so well and I love the product!!!
- Excellent ProductReview by Steve911 (15 September 2012)
- Easy to mix and drink. Has no taste so goes down well. Muscle recover is excellent feel 100% the next day.
- Its a great productReview by me again (12 March 2012)
- The powder of USN L-Glutamine helped my recovery a huge amount although it doesn't taste like anything it works and is cost effective this product really worked for me
- definitely recommendReview by Wasim (22 February 2012)
- Great price, its got a bit of a biter taste at first but after a few times it tastes normal.Really reduces muscle recovery time and its really simple to mix however not so sure about the increased energy its supposed to provide. Any way great product definitely worth trying. Also the powder doesn't dissolve easily but adding little bit extra water and stirring it a couple of times does the trick
- AmazingReview by American muscle (2 January 2012)
- No stiffness,no bad taste,no lumps ALL RECOVERY AND ALOT MASSIVE MUSCLE GAIN
- Bit pricey, helps slightly with recovery, great for when one catches a coldReview by chris (1 January 2012)
- The powder does not fully dissolve in water. The product is costly, considering it does not make a significant difference, the product helps slightly with recovery, but works well when you are sick if you double the dosage.
- ExellentReview by Jaco (16 December 2011)
- Works everytime, although it doesnt taste like anything it works and is cost effective
- Good for recoveryReview by Daniel (28 August 2011)
- USN L-Glutamine helped my recovery a huge amount and made a huge difference to the intensity with which I could train at day in and day out. A Glutamine supplement is very important to any person who is looking to train hard and often and I recommend this product if you are looking to enhance recovery and speed up the growth of lean muscle.
- lekeReview by Jonathan (23 April 2011)
- Quite a nice product. Busy with this as well as the normal pure glutamine. Take one scoop before bedtime
- OMP. lank good!!Review by Barney (14 April 2011)
- ya i started taking pure glutamine cuz i found it hard to fit hectic gym sessions in between my rugby training. Always by the end of the week i could not even stand i was so stiff.. i started taking gluatamine and now i can work out hectically and still feel fresh the next day for my rugby training!!!!:) just make sure that you go for the pure glutamine and not the L-Glutamine.. cuz the pure glutamine has other ingredients that help with your strength and increase your natural hGH levels..... i have only experienced one minor side effect and that is sore joints>but im not sure if that has a direct translation to the glutamine.....
- One of the best glutamines out thereReview by Pierre (13 March 2011)
- Does all that Glutamine can do for you. Shortens the recovery period which obviously results in faster and better volume in muscle. Make sure you take three times a day to condition your body though.
- Great productReview by Josh (3 November 2010)
- Its a great product really worked for me would recommend it to anyone!
|Serving Size: ½ Teaspoon|
Amount per serving
As with all exercise, nutritional programmes and supplementation, please consult your physician first. Do not use if you are pregnant or lactating or if you have any medical condition.
If anxiety, dizziness and depression are a result, lower dosage or stop use. Remember that an adequate state of hydration must be maintained when using this product. Have at least 8 - 10 large glasses of water per day.
SKU #: UNGLUCF