Whereas proteins help with muscle rebuilding, carbs refuel and replenish. Of the various types available, Waxy Maize Starch and Trehalose are two of the best. Waxy maize starches are long-chain, highly-branched, exceptionally-dense complex carbohydrates that are rapidly absorbed. Trehalose is a much smaller, slower-digesting molecule comprised of two unusually linked glucose sugars. Together, these carbohydrates provide immediate and intermediate energy, top-off glycogen stores, and aid with nutrient absorption.
That’s why they’re the foundation of our Optimum Nutrition GLYCOMAIZE formula. Unlike other high-carbohydrate formulas that you may have used in the past, GLYCOMAIZE is designed to be used often and in greater amounts. Added Carbogen enzymes help ensure fast, easy digestion without bloating or cramping. So, when you’re ready to power-up your pre-, during- & post-workout drinks and shakes to meet the intensity of your sports, you’re ready for GLYCOMAIZE.
Category: Vitamins & Supplements
• To prepare: Simply add 1 scoop of GlycoMaize to a blender, shaker cup or glass filled with 200ml of water or your favourite beverage. Blend, shake or stir for about 15-30 seconds or until powder is dissolved.
• Shake-up your protein shake: Enhance your pre- and post-workout protein, weight gainer, or meal replacement shakes with one or more scoops of GlycoMaize.
• Stack your carbs: Make GlycoMaize an even more powerful post-workout recovery product by adding creatine, arginine, glutamine, BCAAs, and other strength and recovery supplements.
- Quality carb source
Effectiveness Taste Price
P.S. I use before and after my training.
- value for money
Price Effectiveness Taste
Taste Price Effectiveness
|Serving Size: 1 Scoop (40g) |
Servings Per Container: 50
Amount Per Serving
|Calories from Fat|
|Not a significant source of total fat, saturated fat, trans fat, cholesterol, sodium, protein, vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium or iron.|
Do not use as a sole source of nutrition. Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place.
- Absolutely stunning
- I recently switched to this product due to similar pricing as my local brand.
I am super impressed, but that's what I should've expected from ON.
Stiffness after gym and jits are no longer as extreme.
I mix it with my bcaa and creatine powder after and before my workouts.
- Decent results
- mix this with some whey after training, seeing some good results so far :)
- Very useful
- I use this supplement post workout or when my meals are lacking the right amount of carbs
Product is unflavoured so it doesn't kill the taste of you protein shakes
mixes easily with anything
- Great product
- Was given a tub of this to use in place of maltodextrin used in post-workout drinks before. Never going back. Find this to be easy to mix with protein & creatine. Best of all I did not feel bloated after using it like I did previously.
- Agree with Richard
- It gives a great quick carb to add to your shakes, doesn't result in bloating or cramping. Only problem is it's a bit messy... especially when you try and dig for the scooper!
- good post workout
- good source of those much needed post workout carbs if you're not into the maltodextrin/dextrose alternatives. Lasts pretty long when using 1 scoop post workout too. Good value for money from a solid brand like ON.
- excellent value for money
- versatile and can be mixed with almost anything
create your own intra and post workout drinks with this and save some cash
only prob is that it's quite messy
great for people looking to gain some decent weight
SKU #: ON02251CF