Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass is calorie rich protein shake for rapid mass gain.
Increase Your Body Weight
This product has been made for athletes with an intense training schedule or hard gainers who just cannot pick up any weight.
To get more size you need to eat more. Either increase the amount of food at each meal or have more meals. However some might find it physically challenging to eat the amount of food necessary to gain weight.
A mass gainer will give you additional calories and nutrients in a delicious drink to increase your weight. Each serving of this shake will give you a massive 1250 calories.To get the same amount of calories you would need to eat 3 hamburgers and a pack of chips!
- Add two heaped scoops (334 grams) to a blender filled with 710 ml of water.
- Blend for 45-60 seconds.
- Then add a few ice cubes and if desired other calorie contributing ingredients like a banana or peanut butter.
- Use between meals (mid-morning and mid-afternoon) to support a high-calorie diet.
- A serving can be taken after your workout.
- Drink a serving about 45 – 60 minutes before bed to provide nutrients to muscles throughout the night.
- New users may find it beneficial to begin with half a serving daily for the first week and then gradually increase to 1 or more full servings several times a day.
- Great product but pricey
Price Effectiveness Taste
- Best weight gainer ever
Price Effectiveness Taste
- Not worth the cash
Price Effectiveness Taste
|Amount per Serving||% RI per Serving|
|Energy||5248kJ / 1261 kcal||63 %*|
|Fat||4.4 g||6 %*|
|of which saturates||1.3 g||7 %*|
|Carbohydrate||252.3 g||97 %*|
|of which sugars||29.9 g||33 %*|
|Protein||53.1 g||106 %*|
|Salt||1.513 g||25 %*|
|% NRV per 100g|
|Vitamin A||299 mcg||11 %*|
|Vitamin D||2 mcg||12 %*|
|Vitamin E||4 mg||9 %*|
|Vitamin C||22 mg||8 %*|
|Thiamin||0.5 mg||18 %*|
|Riboflavin||0.6 mg||14 %*|
|Niacin||7 mg||13 %*|
|Vitamin B6||0.7 mg||14 %*|
|Folic Acid||71 mcg||11 %*|
|Vitamin B12||0.5 mcg||4 %*|
|Biotin||55 mcg||33 %*|
|Pantothenic Acid||2 mg||10 %*|
|Potassium||1229 mg||18 %*|
|Chloride||649 mg||24 %*|
|Calcium||556 mg||21 %*|
|Phosphorous||191 mg||8 %*|
|Magnesium||51 mg||4 %*|
|Iron||4 mg||9 %*|
|Zinc||3 mg||8 %*|
|Copper||0.5 mg||10 %*|
|Manganese||0.6 mg||10 %*|
|Selenium||27 mcg||15 %*|
|Chromium||130 mcg||98 %*|
|* Reference intake of an average adult |
† Daily Value not established.
Maltodextrin, Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Calcium Caseinate, Egg Albumen), Flavourings, Mineral Blend (Di-Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Chloride, Magnesium Phosphate, Ferric Pyrophosphate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Gluconate, Manganese Sulphate, Chromium Chloride Hexahydrate, Potassium Iodide), Whey Powder, Medium Chain Tri-Glycerides, Creatine Monohydrate, Choline Bitartrate, L-Glutamine, Glutamine Peptides (GLUTEN), Inositol, Colours (Curcumin, Beetroot Red), Vitamin Blend (Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin E-Acetate, Niacinamide, Biotin, Vitamin A-Acetate, Calcium-D-Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Cholecalciferol, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Vitamin B12), Sweetener (Sucralose).
Allergen Warning: Contains gluten, egg, milk.
May contain peanuts, soy, nuts.
Not for use by those with pre-existing medical conditions or those taking any medications, those under the age of 18 or women that are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass
Taste Price Effectiveness
- Excellent Results
Price Effectiveness Taste
- It work for me
- I've started my 2nd pack so far. 1st pack experience:my 'one serving' is 1 scoop (160g) blended with 300ml of water. 2 times per day:1st between the meals (around 11 am), 2nd - right after the training. So it's 320g of gainer + 3 standard meals per day. Result is 3kg for 1 month - from 68 to 71 kg (I'm 177cm tall). And I can clearly see that is not only musсles, but it's going natural. You really can't gain only muscles (if we talk about fast gaining).
CHOCOLATE TASTE is GOOD.
- great results
- I used serious mass with ON BCAA and saw great results in two moths of using it. huge gains in mass and strength. the best mass gainer I've taken to date.
- does the job
- picked up a lot of fat but gave me some needed meat, from 67 to 72 kg in no time
- Most effective weight gainer
- I take this product purely based on its effectiveness! I've tried 5XL (which is great!) and Universal Real Gains recently but none of them work as well as SM! The servings are huge so i split them in to 2 per day and i still feel a bit bloated after taking one. For hard gainers, this is one of the quickest and easiest ways to get good calories in.
The chocolate tastes okay, I wouldn't go for the strawberry again. Very expensive product, but you do get for what you pay for. If you are serious about gaining weight, I suggest this product!
- Great Mass Gainer
- I'm finished with my second bag, what a great product!
Other than being on the expensive side, everything else is good about this protein.
- Only mass gainer for me!!
- By far the Best weight Gainer around especially for the hard gainer.(myself). Go for the chocolate flavour. Calories is slightly more and use with full cream milk. Little pricey though but overall an excellent product by Optimum. The right diet and we talking 6 kilos in one month.
- Fast Resuts!
- Extremely effective supplement, could not believe how fast this stuff works! I went from 87kg to 91kg in less than a month without changing my diet and it helped me dramatically increase my strength. Save up some money and buy this supplement, you wont regret it!!!
- Great product
- Good weight gainer. Helped me pack on 5kilos in 2months(not all muscle though) and some fat which is expected. For people who say it didn't work for them its cause you aren't eating enough food to begin with. I hit my calories (3000) then add one shake a day for me to gain weight.
- this is a great product was sitting on 68kgs am now weighing 72 so picked up a fair amount. only problem is serving size is big and prices is just not worth it but yeah its a good product for those with big bucks
- a bit pricey but the gains are worth it
- A bit on the pricey side but the quality of ON just cannot be beaten. Alone the sheer amount of carbs (252g) per serving make it superior to all other brands. The total calories per serving (1250) are also high above the competition. stacked with some good protein this is the best weight gainer i have used to this day.
- The name of the product says it all. This product is just amazing, i got some samples for a week, and i gain a 1 kg of muscle and no fat. tastes great, and the price is great at supplementworld.co.za
- Good product
- Its expensive for the 18 servings, but it's worth it and it works.
- This REALLY packs on the kilo's
- I used this product to add some mass before the start of the new year training.
I was surprised by how quickly it added some mass (Im a hardganiner by the way).
The only downside is that it will pack on a lot of unwanted fat as well.
I blended it with bananas and some peanut butter. Got me a nice 3.5 kg's in 1 month (however this was not lean muscle mass).
- Great Product
- I began weighing in at 54, by the end of the month I weighed in at 58. A good 4kgs of mass.Two shakes a day.Half in the morning and half in the evening.. Scoops are huge though. Taste is ok.Difficult to mix but works really well.
On my second bag. Will post Shortly.
- SM is a brilliant product, although the taste is not so brilliant
- Im a hard gainer. I am 162cm tall, but I only weigh 47kg. I bought SM and it works like a bomb! the taste is not good at all, but it is the best product for anyone that is a hard gainer
- serious fat mass
- my friend got me to buy it. I should have looked at his gains before i started chugging down the worst tasting vanilla shake ever,adding peanut butter makes it better other wise it tastes like expired stuff.it got me real fat.it would be ideal for a sumo wrestler.
- I weighed 74 Kg's and when i first took it, it was too much for me to handle to I took one scoop after gym and one before i went to sleep. After 4 weeks I am now weighing 81 Kg's and it has helped me build mass
- Great stuff
- The first product I have used that actually works good for the true hard gainer,and I have tried everything available on our market!
great taste as well.
Its expensive for the 18 servings, but it's worth every penny
- great results....
- good price per gram...would really recommend!!
- Getting Results
- Great tasting super effective i recommend it. 4 kg's in 4 weeks
- Overall winner
- I'm buying my second one now, i struggle to maintain weight as my metabolism is stupidly fast, but with this product i maintained my weight and picked up bit my bit! Really recommend this for hard gainers
- loving it !
- When I'm in my off season there is no other way for me to pack on nice quality mass as with Optimum Serious Mass. It taste fabulous and use it twice a day to give me the result I want.
It never make me feel uncomfortable like some other mass gainers and it is as good as a Mac Donald shake when it comes to taste. TRY it, you will love it.
- Getting Serious
- By far the worst tasting shake on the market. Vanilla,Strawberry and Chocolate is quite horrible! Banana is the way to go even if your not the monkeyman munching bananas. Trust me its worth it! The result of this product is awesome! 7kg in 1.5months! Have gained a bit of fat but it's totally worth getting serious!!!
- great product!
- heard about this product and just thought i had to try it and it is amazing!
i put on serious size with this. great taste chocolate is the best and for its price its worth it! definitely will be using it for a while!
- best ive hade
- buy far the best shake ive tried chocolate flavour is the bomb. packed on five kg in two months busy taking stawberry nice but as good as chocolate. think ill be using this product for some time
- BEST EVER!!!
- just finished my bag this week of vanilla flavour which is a personal favourite which can never go wrong .i picked up 4 kg's at the end of the month !! great product that i will be using again , just the price is a bit harsh but definitely worth it.
- what a product
- i found that once i started taking in my 3500 calories a day plus two servings of serious mass the results were great! picked up 3 kilos in a week!! and 5 in a month! eat right and this will do wonders for you!
- picked up 6 kilos after a month of hard work! will recommend it to any one looking to gain that little bit extra
- overall exelence
- picked up 5kgs on my first bag very good product servings big, amazing taste this product is really value for your money
- Good Stuff
- I love this stuff, great taste + gets the job done = full package, picked up 3kgs on my first bag, on bag number 2 now...hoping i get the same results
- Good Results
- This definitely helps with picking up weight. Be sure to do enough cardio as it could make u fat. Awesome tasting !
- Decent product. Great taste and quality. Good value for money, good overall product. A must have
- i loved the flavour of this product, found it very easy to shake..
but i didn see to great results from it. didn gain much from it..
wud love to try it again but very expensive
- A WASTE OF MONEY !!!!!
- i took the product and saw no results what so ever with intense training....it taste horrible esp the chocolate....too pay so much and ONLY LAST A MONTH and to see no results....I RECOMMEND NO ONE TOO TRY THIS PRODUCT AS IT IS A WASTE OF MONEY !!!!!!!
- I would say this product is one of the best mass gainers out there. With the right training program you will definitely pick up size...just from a bag of this i picked up a good 3kg which has stayed there. Definitely worth the money....unlike other brands
- This stuff's great, and tastes even better. Mix it with water instead of milk, the taste is much better and it lasts for ages and works well for quick gains.
- I've just ordered this from SW now. All the ingredients seem great, but the price is just a bit too high! R680 is a hell of a lot to last you only 16 days. If the price stayed at R580, it would be fine! Anyways, will let you know how it works for me!
- Great for hard gainers.
Just becareful of not doing enough cardio exercise while using this product as it has a lot of carbs and calories..
Great product and great tasting. Use this product to get over that plateau.
- Good product - nice strength gains
- I have been using this product now for the last month - i consider myself a hard gainer but this stuff just packs on the slabs ...the banana flavour tastes exactly like chappies bubblegum banana flavour...
ideal to supplement ur post workout routine
- remember with great power comes great responsibility
- great product but you have to train while using to see good results. Great taste, easy mixing. best for gaining mass
- This is the best weight gainer I've ever been on, there nothing else like it on the market today!
- Great if your on the go!
- Being a university student i find this is great to have and sip on during class when i cant eat whole meals. Its so convenient if you decide to go out and do something during the day where you wont be able to eat for a while, just make a shake and take it with you. Should definitely not replace whole food but rather be used when one cannot eat a meal for a while. Great product for sure!
- GREAT PRODUCT!
- Great product for the ones that finds it hard to gain mass, worked great for me..will definitely recommend it to any1 finding it hard to bulk up!
- very good
- not bad, not bad at all......
SKU #: ON02380CF