Muscle Wellness Superior Whey is a protein shake designed for fitness athletes who demand quality.
Increasing Lean Muscle
Athletes who are on a lean muscle building program need protein to support their goals.
Mostly consumed from food they also supplement their protein intake by using a whey shake which is rapidly absorbed.
This shake gives you the full 25 gram dose of protein recommended for athletes with each serving!
To consistently train at your best you need to recover from your gym sessions. Each serving of this shake has 4 grams of glutamine. Studies have shown that glutamine levels decrease during intense exercise which may affect recovery.
The whey used in this product is sourced from pasture raised cows and is free from GMO and BSE.
Their ingredients meet the requirements of the International Food Standard which includes HACCP, BRC and GMP.
We can recommend that you give the Muscle Wellness Superior Whey a try if you are looking for an affordable, locally produced protein shake that uses quality imported ingredients!
|Serving Size: 2 Level Scoops (approx. 33 grams) |
Servings per Container: 27 (900 grams) / 60 (2kg) / 109 (3.6kg)
|Amount Per Serving||Per 100 grams|
|Energy||555.9 kJ||1635 kJ|
|Protein||25 g||72.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||3.5 g||10.3 g|
|Of which total sugars||2.2 g||6.6 g|
|Total Fats||2.2 g||6.45 g|
|Of which Saturated Fats||1.3 g||3.92 g|
|Dietary Fibre||0.99 g||2.9 g|
|Total Sodium||78.9 mg||232 mg|
|TYPICAL AMINO ACID PROFILE|
|Aspartic Acid||11000 mg|
|Glutamic Acid||19000 mg|
908 grams / 2 kg
Whey Protein Blend (Micro-Filtrated Whey Concentrate, Isolate and Hydrolysate), Organic Cacao Powder (in chocolate variant only), Natural and Artificial Flavour Blend (Whey powder, Skim Milk powder, RSPO Certified Palm Fruit Oil, Anticaking Agent, Artificial Colourant, Non-nutritive sweetener, Artificial Flavouring, Salt, Vitamin C), Bovine Colostrum, Madagascan Vanilla Bean (in vanilla variant only), Maca Root Powder and Acai berry powder (in wildberry flavour only).
My Wellness Whey Protein Blend (Whey Concentrate and Whey Isolate), Cacao Powder (in chocolate variant only), Natural and Artificial Flavours, Maca Root Powder, Xanthan Gum and sucralose.
Made in a facility that handles nuts, fish and soy.
• Add 150- 200ml of water or low fat milk to every heaped scoop.
• Do not exceed 2 scoops per serving, but rather consume multiple servings daily.
• Is best used within 30 minutes after a training session.
• Another serving can be used first thing in the morning.
• For a creamy shake add 3 ice cubes to a blender with 200ml water.
- Good taste and great price - no visible resultsReview by FeedbackGuy (10 October 2019)
- A long time ago I 'threw away" the scale, as they say.
I was very happy to find this product at such a great price.
My diet is solid, pre and post workout is taken care of, sleep routine good and disciplined exercise routine.
It is unfortunate that switching to this product it appears as though I've lost muscle mass. I have burned fat and am still lean but I've lost significant size, whilst no other dietary changes were made other than switching from another whey product to this one.
Overall I'm disappointed, great taste and price however I did not see any results, I believe that's what most are looking for.
- Good price/taste - No customer serviceReview by StaticX (28 July 2019)
- So i bought 2 tubs of Muscle Wellness whey protein. The taste was not bad and the price range is also very competitive compared to other brands.
BUT, when i was about half way with my second tub i came across a piece of fibre inside the tub. The protein was clinging to the fibre and just looked disgusting.
I took photos and emails them to Muscle Wellness, but have not received a single response in months.
Due to the lack of customer service ill spend my money on Nutritech again.
- Tiny lumpsReview by Sphelo (19 July 2019)
- I bought vanilla flavour. This flavour does not mix well, it leaves tiny lumps. Is it normal?
- Great ProductReview by ProteinFart (3 July 2019)
- Despite the one comment from "dr google" circa 2015, this is a great whey shake.
Mixes easily with water or milk, stirs in and mixes well with oats. Not as sweet as other brands. Have only used the vanilla bean flavour. Strong like cow now.
- Honestly the best tasting whey everReview by Sav (12 June 2019)
- Really great with smoothies and also helps build lean muscle ????????????
- The TempterReview by Skinny Dude (15 May 2019)
- If you reading before you buy you are lucky , if you have a sensitive stomach, value taste, clumping ,easy mixing, visible quick gains .this is not for you. 0/10 taste and from packaging it looks so cheap I wanted to return it but it's so cheap so gave it a try stupid idea that was. End of story m buying gold standard
- AverageReview by Singh_M (25 March 2019)
- Average price, average taste, average results
- This ticks all of the boxesReview by Kane (8 October 2018)
- Its a good supplement and also produces great results but im worried through. Can my 13 year-old son use this great supplement.
SW: Hello Kane. No, the product is recommended for individuals 18 years and older.
- amino spikedReview by Tim (11 July 2018)
- there are about 7.8 grams of glycine per a 34 grams serving which is way higher than the normal amount of glycine naturally occurring in whey, therefore it was added by the manufacturers so you're getting less protein than stated.
SW: Hi Tim. We reached out to the manufacturer for comment. Below is their feedback
"There is a typo on a our packaging , the amount of glycine that we are are of , should read 2300mg not 23000mg , we will rectify this as soon a possible.
This is in line with the general whey protein specification range ."
- Good productReview by Ray (28 June 2018)
- Will buy again.
- Pleasantly SurprisedReview by Shaun DIE BOM (27 February 2018)
- I bought this for the first time last month and I am honestly quite impressed. The taste was great (Vanilla), it mixes well enough and the price on special is very good. I would take this over the other local brands any day especially Evox which smells and tastes disgusting. New Strawberry flavour on its way!
- FantasticReview by Duman (8 February 2018)
- Tried the chocolate flavour
Tasted great, and had zero bloat.
Not sure how well it does for growth yet, only been on it for a couple of weeks, but it's great for recovery.
- Good on the pocket, not so great on the stomachReview by Doon (3 January 2018)
- Bought the 3.2kg tub and only recently finished it after a few months. The price was great but I did get bloated from it. My only major criticism was that it burned my throat. Not sure if this was just the chocolate flavour, but no matter what I mixed the shake with - water or milk - there was always a burning sensation in the back of my throat.
- Love the taste and light, flowing consistencyReview by Riaan (28 August 2017)
- Bought vanilla flavor on special. Dissolves hassle free - no lumps. Tastes amazing - I don't have a sweet tooth so that just might be it.
Just bought two more! Still on special... really good stuff!
- Very suprisedReview by Josh (11 August 2017)
- Super easy going vanilla. Smells real. Could do with a bit more sweetness but you definitely wont get sick of the flavour as it tastes genuine. Price was also decent.
- Inconsistent TasteReview by Carmz Green (12 July 2017)
- I use this daily and it works very well, the taste however has been inconsistent, I bought a 2 kg which tasted good enough and so I bought a 3.2kg (it tastes AMAZING), I've just started a new 3.2kg container and it's back to tasing like the 2 kg I bought... the packaging is all the new branding on all three.. but the taste is VASTLY different. So confused
- Quality vs Price. Taste could be better.Review by Kenneth (2 July 2017)
- Overall great product. Taste could be improved (chocolate). Will try vanilla on the purchase.
- greatest pure wheyReview by sivie (6 October 2016)
- The top supplements for lean muscles are BCAA, GLUTAMINE AND PURE whey and this product gives u 5 grams of BCAA, 4 grams of GLUTAMINE and 25g of protein per serving. No carbs or fat, broke the record and quick results too.
- great tasteReview by Sj (18 July 2016)
- Like the taste. mixes well. will buy again.
- ShaneReview by Big Improvement (6 April 2016)
- Tried their protein shake a few years back, flavour wasn't great and I had a bit of stomach issues. Came back to S.A. and saw that they are still around so bought a small tub to try first. Much better. Taste is great with zero bloating. Could stand-up to the international products I was using overseas. The price is very friendly on the pocket.
- best on the marketReview by jono (7 March 2016)
- very happy with the Muscle Works product , i have got superb results with this product , i have used plenty of other brands and ive decided to stick with this one
- A bit differentReview by Gizmo (4 March 2016)
- I've been using this product on and off for 2 years. I definitely can notice a change with the new packaging. Sometimes made me fart, but the last tub didn't .... nada. Still one of the best priced supps around.
- Mixablility and quality of proteinReview by Alchemist (9 February 2016)
- I bought this protein for use during the day but found that the quality of protein is bad, example mixing the protein in a glass vs using a good quality protein like gold standard in a glass ( mixing with a spoon) - one of the signs of bad protein is mix ability although it does provide me with the nutrition that I need.
- suspect qualityReview by Matt (4 August 2015)
- there is absolutely no need to add L glycine nor L Glutamine - the addition thereof makes me question the DIETARY protein available in the product, as the aforementioned elements increase the protein quantity when lab tests are done(due to the nitrogen) but it doesn't equate to DIETARY protein. My guess is that given the high cost of Whey globally this product isn't that great.
- You can give it a goReview by Dave (31 July 2015)
- Got the Vanilla flavour and yeah ..... was Vanilla. Not the best tasting shake that I would write a letter to my Mother about, but not the worst either. Price really attractive and quality seems to be good. If only they had a small size like 900 grams to try first. Would have been nice to try that first.
- its niceReview by sukhi (2 July 2015)
- I buy this product coz of they says whey from germany. tastes is nice and price good. Anybody can buy so easy. glutamine + bcaa + protein good combination. Only add my creatine mono with superior whey. (Sukhdeep)
- Taste is goodReview by Andy (23 June 2015)
- I like the taste of the new version. Chocolate is still the best. Like the fact that the whey comes from Germany. Will buy again.
- Great PriceReview by GymRat (23 June 2015)
- Being on a budget I was shopping around for an affordable whey shake. This ticks all the boxes for me. Tastes great, is well priced and the quality looks good.
- SurprisedReview by Saun (23 June 2015)
- Was skeptical about the price but decided to give it a go. It tasted great (Vanilla) and says the Whey comes from Germany on the tub, so some sort of quality. Will try a few more and let you know.
- HappyReview by Sam (23 June 2015)
- Bought chocolate and I'm happy with the taste. Dissolves easily, even without a shaker.
- Yummy ChocReview by Lezlie (23 June 2015)
- I only use choc shakes and have tried most of the products available. Flavour is good and doesn't play havoc with my stomach. Will keep on using it for a couple of months to see how it goes. So far I'm happy :-)
- not the best tastingReview by zee (23 June 2015)
- the price is really good, offers value for money. but i've had better tasting shakes.
- Good ProductReview by AB (23 June 2015)
- Being a student on a budget I have to shop for the best pricing. Saw this and decided to give it a go. The packaging doesn't look the best but everything was well sealed so no problem. It says the Whey comes from Germany, so quality is good. Taste is nice (Vanilla). Overall I'm happy with the product.
- good all round productReview by zyzz (23 June 2015)
- Dutch choc doesn't taste to good, but price is good and works for me I'd stick to vanilla.
- QualityReview by Brosky (23 June 2015)
- Bought 2 tubs and have to said I'm happy with it. First was choco and second strawberry .... stay CLEAR of the strawberry. They didn't get the flavour right on that one IMHO. The choc is great. If the price stays the same I'll be using it for a while.
- Too good to be true!Review by JohnDou (23 June 2015)
- Just bought a tub. Although I do question the price, seems too good to be true. A bit strange that imported protein from Germany was at a very affordable price, but anyway.. Strawberry Cream tastes good with milk, and like soap with water. Will post results on effectiveness soon.