Sometimes slower is better - especially when it comes to the rate of protein digestion. While rapid protein absorption is desirable immediately before or after exercise, delayed release is probably more beneficial throughout the remainder of the day.
Casein proteins found in Optimum Nutrition 100% Casein Protein are pH sensitive and gel in the acidic environment of the stomach. As a result, it can take more than twice as long for caseins to be broken down into their amino acid subcomponents than whey and other proteins. Because of their unique time-released qualities, caseins are aptly described as anti-catabolic or muscle-protecting proteins.
• 24 g Instantized Blend of SLOW-DIGESTING CASEIN-Based Proteins
• Rich in Highly Anti-Catabolic MICELLAR CASEIN
• Over 9 g of BCAAs, Glutamine, and Glutamine Precursors per Scoop
|Serving Size: 32g |
Servings Per Container: 56
|Calories from Fat|
Aminogen is a registered trademark
• Take Optimum Nutrition 100% Casein immediately before bed and in between meals when delayed protein delivery is desired.
• Drink Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard before and immediately after workouts for a rapid "shot"of amino acids.