Supplements SA Whey Protein Concentrate is an unflavoured whey protein shake.
Dairy Based Protein
The protein source is from cow’s milk which makes it ideal for non-meat eaters to increase their daily protein intake.
Protein is converted into amino acids which are important for maintaining various healthy functions within your body. A serving can be added to your smoothie to boost the protein content.
Maintain Lean Muscle
Amino acids also assist with building or maintaining lean muscle. As we age the amount of lean muscle decreases, therefore it is important to do some form of weight training and have adequate levels of quality protein.
To help with the muscle building process have a serving directly after your weight training session.
- Add 1 scoop to approximately 250ml of water or milk.
- The whey protein can be stirred with a spoon or mixed in a shaker.
- Add a serving to a smoothie and drink as needed for increased protein intake.
- For a fitness lifestyle have a serving after your workout.
- For improved muscle tone follow a weight training program 3 – 4 times per week.
- Finally found what I am looking forReview by KC (10 January 2017)
- EffectivenessTastePriceI have been looking for a pure whey protein without all the added junk like aspartame , sodium cyclamate , acesulfame K or saccharine which makes me feel terrible. I was most excited when I stumbled across this website. I placed my order and got whey 2 days later. The taste , bearing in mind there are no sweeteners is very palatable and the whey dissolves easily in water .... what more can I say , great product , great service ... I am sold on it.
- Solid quality at reasonable priceReview by Georg (16 September 2016)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteI bought this when it was at the best bang for bang R/Kg rate, No complaints on the quality, it dissolves well, taste is great.
- Worst tasting unflavouredReview by keith (11 January 2016)
- TastePriceEffectivenessThe unflavored whey concentrate is the worst I've tasted. It is somehow sweet with a salty aftertaste.
- FinallyReview by Kim (9 November 2015)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteBeen looking for quite a while for an unflavoured Whey shake without sweeteners. Dischem used to stock something similar but discontinued it. Glad I found Supplement World. This really has no taste, just the raw ingredient.
- QualityReview by Scientist (16 September 2015)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteFor all those that are concerned about the quality of whey shakes out there, well this is the top IMO. It is JUST the whey concentrate ingredient, NOTHING else. No hiding behind flavours, fillers, etc. Pure whey. Love it!
- Great ValueReview by Lawrence (2 September 2015)
- TastePriceEffectivenessThis is the best whey on the market. Nothing added, no bulking agents, just straight up whey. I love the pure whey which I can add to everything!
- Horrible taste!Review by Afrit (31 July 2015)
- TastePriceEffectivenessI know it said unflavoured but seriously does it have to be that bad! Taste so bad I had to buy nesquick to put into it. Be very careful.
- Love itReview by Vanessa (7 July 2015)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteUnflavoured, unsweetened plain whey for my smoothies. Just what I have been looking for!
- AwesomeReview by Jaco (24 June 2015)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteSurprisingly great taste. If you've ever tried powdered milk, this taste quite similar. So nice that it doesn't have any sweeteners added. Last bit doesn't always dissolve so perfectly though. All in all my favorite Whey. A little expensive considering it has no added BCAA's etc.
- read the labelReview by Philip (18 June 2015)
- TastePriceEffectivenessThis is good product, if you read the label you will see this is especially for those who dont like the very sweet stuff and for making your own smoothies or shakes with other products. How can you say bad taste, thats what it say Unflavoured meaning it will taste bad, maybe read before you buy it Zu or get the 2.5lkg flavoured one
- Not for lactose intolerantReview by Nadine (11 June 2015)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteI like the taste, it's not bad, pretty neutral. Simple and effective product apart from the bloating and indigestion I've associated with this.
- Awesome productReview by Mandz (26 May 2015)
- EffectivenessTastePriceJust love the 'naturalness' of this product!! If you want a chocolate milkshake, DON'T buy this. If you don't want artificial sweeteners or flavours .... magicness :-)
- good protein sourceReview by Barend (20 May 2015)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteI just wanted a plain protein shake. Like things to be simple without flavours, sugars,etc. This is perfect! Use in smoothies (fruit and veg) and after training. A little coffee adds a nice flavour. Just make sure that you have a spare tub .... only the bag and no scoop.
- Overall best value for moneyReview by Pierre (1 April 2015)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteThe taste isn't great. It does however make up with price, seeing as there's no container, they save you a lot of money. The effectiveness is everything you want and need from a good whey concentrate. Great product overall.
- BrilliantReview by Cindy (28 March 2015)
- TastePriceEffectivenessJust plain whey protein that I can use for my bars and shakes. I don't tolerate sweeteners well and sugar is a no no. Price is great. Fantastic product. Beware: it is basic. no tub and no scoop. Have a spare container and scoop on hand.
- bad tasteReview by Zu (18 March 2015)
- TastePriceEffectivenesstaste is horrible. price is cheap but will look at another product with better flavour.
- Happy daysReview by Les (27 February 2015)
- TastePriceEffectivenessNeeded to increase my protein. Was recommended to use a whey protein but to be honest I just cannot stomach the taste of most. The the staff at SW suggested this and I love it. I drink it on its own which I like otherwise mix it in my smoothies. Just had to find a container to pour the bag in, but no biggie. Happy Gal :-)
- cheapReview by no complaints (26 February 2015)
- PriceEffectivenessTastegood price for a great product. don't mind being unflavoured. could had a scoop though....
- 2 Thumbs UpReview by Daniel (24 February 2015)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteYou know what you are getting with this product. No masking behind flavours, 'blends', etc. Just make sure you have a tub and scoop because this comes without which doesn't bother me. I just want good clean protein at a great price! Supplement World rocks for stocking this product!
- Not what I expectedReview by Nathan (20 February 2015)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteBeing unflavoured I thought it was going to have teeth considering how bad some of the flavoured shakes are! Well I was pleasantly surprised. It has a milky taste. At least I know I'm getting 100% whey with this. No blends, flavourants, sweeteners. Definitely my go-to whey for the future.
- Best whey I've usedReview by Jarred (11 February 2015)
- EffectivenessTastePriceThis is versatile. Can flavour it how I want, my wife makes protein bars/cookies. Uses it in smoothies. The cheapest Whey anywhere ..... I've checked. No fancy packaging. Just good quality whey. Period.
- Like!Review by Wenna (3 December 2014)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteLike that theirs not allot extras added. unflavoured very nice as to be used with cooking for sauce thickening ( don't cook the whey boys)
Add peanut butter to change it up.
- great_stuffReview by Iron_Man (1 December 2014)
- TastePriceEffectivenessno fancy extracts on the label that do nothing - just good value for money.
I add this to my MRP to up the protein - makes bought items last longer and more effective. on its own its good as a late night BCAA boost with low cal's.
well worth adding to your eating routine.
- SavingReview by Mo (24 November 2014)
- TastePriceEffectivenessNo bells and whistles to this product. Getting exactly what you are paying for which is the whey protein concentrate. Don't mind that it does not have any flavour, like drinking a glass of milk. Sometimes I'll add a Banana or a tablespoon of Peanut Butter.
- Perfect and value for moneyReview by Lucy (18 November 2014)
- TastePriceEffectivenessLove this product! I make a lot of protein cookies, pancakes and smoothies so being unflavoured and unsweetened is perfect. For a shake I just add instant coffee. The price is the best I've seen so far.
- Great UnsweetenedReview by V (14 November 2014)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteThank goodness for an unsweetened whey powder! The others are all far too sweet for me.
- Cheap and does the jobReview by fit_guy (6 October 2014)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteThis product is great! Really cost effective. I don't mind that it is unflavoured or sweetened. Adding a teaspoon of coffee does the trick.
|Serving Size: 30 g (1½ scoop)|
Servings per Container: 67 (2kg)
|Amount Per Serving||%NRV|
|Calories from Fat||21.6||*|
|Total Fat||2.4 g||*|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g||*|
|Trans Fat||<0.1 g||*|
|Total Carbohydrate||1.7 g||*|
|Dietary Fibre||0 g||*|
|Vitamin A||75 IU||*|
|Vitamin C||<1 mg||*|
|Vitamin D||<6 IU||*|
|AMINO ACID PROFILE PER 100g|
|Aspartic Acid||10.8 g|
|Glutamic Acid||16.7 g|
|Isoleucine *++||5.8 g|
|* Essential Amino Acid|
++ Branch Chain Amino Acid
80% Whey Protein Concentrate.
Allergen Information: Contains Whey and is produced in a facility that also processes Casein and Egg.
SKU #: SSAWPCCF