USN Protein Dessert offers guilt-free indulgence with a high protein, low-carb, low-fat dessert, formulated to supply your body with essential amino acids while you sleep. Ideal as a late night snack, but which can be taken at any time of the day or night, USN Protein Dessert makes a thick, creamy mousse that gives you all the delicious taste and texture of a regular dessert but without the sugar and fat! Each serving offers 25 grams of Prolonged Release Protein compromising Whey protein concentrate, Milk protein concentrate [containing micellar casein], and Whey protein isolate. This ensures optimal muscle recovery and conditioning for eight hours while your body is in its most relaxed state.
Core Benefits of Protein Dessert:
• 25g of USN Prolonged Release Protein Blend
• High in BCAA's.
• Low in carbs.
Who should use Protein Dessert?
• Any person who needs a high quality protein supplement.
• It's ideal for active people following a high protein eating plan.
Category: Protein Powder
• For a thick and creamy mousse, mix 2 scoops with 150ml-200ml of ice cold water or skimmed milk in a hand held shaker for about 30 seconds.
• Leave it in the fridge for 5-10 minutes and enjoy as a late night treat before bedtime.
• Alternatively for a great tasting protein drink, mix 2 scoops with 200-300ml cold water or shimmed milk in a hand held shaker and shake for 30 seconds. Enjoy immediately.
Taste Price Effectiveness
- Great taste and perfect snack before bedtime with all the right Proteins. Worked great for keeping the sweet tooth at bay before bedtime
- Not nice
- Again this is something that sounds like a great product to replace chocolate with but to be totally honest i would much rather have one block of chocolate than this as a shake or desert mouse.
To me it tastes just like the protein shake which is too thick and lumpy.
Also i cant really write a review about the effectiveness as I only tried it once and couldn't stomach it.
Serving size: 2 scoops (35g)
|Per 100g||Per 35g||*% NRV|
|Protein||69 g||24 g||43|
|Carbohydrate||8.9 g||3.1 g|
|Of which Total Sugar||6.6 g||2.3 g|
|Of which Lactose||3.1 g||1.1 g|
|Total Fat||9.4 g||3.3 g|
|Of Which Saturated Fat||4.5 g||1.6 g|
|Cholesterol||308 mg||108 mg|
|Dietary Fibre**||2.1 g||0.7 g|
|Total Sodium||219 mg||77 mg|
|Potassium||399 mg||140 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg||0.1 mg||5|
|Folic Acid||175.5 µg||61.4 µg||15|
|Calcium||840 mg||294 mg||23|
|Phosphorus||693 mg||243 mg||19|
| * Nutrient Reference Values (NRV's) for individuals 4 years and older (2010).|
** AOAC 985.29 method of analysis
|Amino Acid Profile||mg/Serving|
|Glutamine/Glutamic Acid||4116 mg|
|*Essential amino acids |
^BCAA (Branched chain amino acids)
Allergens: Contains milk protein.
- I likey!
- Tasty as a shake, tasty as a mousse (but only the chocolate flavour). And with having such a sweet tooth, this helps keep all chocolate cravings away..... :)
- Not blown away
- I couldn't be too bothered with this. Only had it once but honestly, I've got some slow releasing shakes that taste a bit better (that combines most of the added elements)
I'm guessing that the reason might be I take all my shakes with skim milk for taste anyways, so this wasn't too good. And it does have that after-taste that Christopher mentioned.
At over R10 a serving I would be spending my money elsewhere. Stuff is so expensive these days :(
- Taste is great but does not last very long due to the small container....did not see any results from this product.
- Used it more as a mousse than shake. Mixed with hand blender to get right consistency. Shaking not as effective for makiing mousse. Slight aftertaste that I did not like too much, but ok-ish product.
- Bloated and gaseous
- I initially thought this product was fine, but after taking it a few times before bed, I became very gaseous and didn't feel well. This might just be my digestion though.
- Tastes good!
- This product is tasty as a shake, but I haven't tried it as a mousse yet.
Haven't tried it for long enough to review it about results
SKU #: UNPRODCF