Evox 100% Casein Defined:
Evox 100% Casein provides you with a low carb, slow digesting casein formula ideal for night time use or in long periods of non-eating. Casein is the principle protein found in cow's milk, from which it has been extracted for many years. Casein is precipitated from the milk and separated from the whey then washed and dried. Water soluble derivatives of casein are called caseinates.
Evox 100% Casein is a slow digesting protein source that continues to feed the muscles long after ingestion. Casein therefore acts as a 'slow-release' protein that continuously releases amino acids into the blood stream. Casein has been shown to sustain steady amino acid elevations for up to 70 hours. This constant release of amino acids helps prevent muscle breakdown and keeps the body in an anabolic state. All the amino acids that are essential to active individuals are present in Evox 100% Casein, adding to its nutritional value.
Category: Protein Powder
- DecentReview by Bryan (24 October 2014)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteTexture is a bit sludge like with water but helps stave off hunger through to the morning when taken before bed. Chocolate flavour is good, always buy chocolate as a general rule. Certainly helps with recovery
- very good caseinReview by leighton (8 October 2014)
- PriceEffectivenessTastevery good casein just ends up being a bit sludgy due to the structure of the casein. helps when you add a bit to your normal proteins and especially at night before bed.
- Not badReview by Moustafa (25 August 2014)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteSometimes doesn't mix that well and leaves lumps in the bottom
I take it before sleep
give it 7/10
- No ComplaintsReview by Matthew (8 May 2014)
- TastePriceEffectivenessThis is a great product and perfect to take before bed! High quality slow releasing protein, make me feel fuller and nothing wrong with the taste, texture is thicker than the whey protein but doesn't bother me when seeing results.
- Good ValueReview by Quintin (4 March 2014)
- TastePriceEffectivenessI take this protein every evening before bed. It has a thick texture and can be lumpy when mixing with water; I have tried Chocolate and it tastes great... even better when mixed with milk; there are also less lumps in milk. I have noticed that I sleep better and wake up easier since taking this supplement, will continue using it.
- GoodReview by Tiaan (26 November 2013)
- EffectivenessTastePriceTaste is good for a local product but mixing the shake sometimes doesn't mix that well and leaves lumps in the bottom.
Vanilla - 7/10 - very good as a Vanilla
Choc - 9/10 - choc always the best to go with here
- Evox CaseinReview by Muscle Mike (22 August 2013)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteGreat product and I will most certainly keep on using it.
PS. Ryan is right, water first!.
- amazingReview by Aamir (16 August 2013)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteUse it post work out and you really see a difference after a few days. Tastes great as well.
- Vanilla tastes amazingReview by Marc (7 April 2013)
- Vanilla tastes excellent, used this as a cheat meal... Will use this again and again. Good results with sustained use.
- great caseinReview by vato (18 January 2013)
- Took the chocolate,love the taste,wake up with energy,decent price.no tummy issues,leka product!!
- ADD WATER FIRSTReview by Ryan (16 October 2012)
- Great taste and texture but make sure you add the water first and THEN add the powder. I've found adding the powder first makes it very lumpy/not absorb well.
- GreatReview by Jacque (18 January 2012)
- Love it, will use it again any time. Highly recommended.
- EffectiveReview by Ray (29 November 2011)
- Yes, the product works but the texture/consistency is not as nice as it should be.
- a good night of sleep to your muscleReview by Ridwaan (30 May 2011)
- using this before bed-time is one thing, but use it with an effective post-workout drink (evox 5xl) that really works and you will definitely see great results.
- value for moneyReview by Erik (20 May 2011)
- probably the least important point but it does taste great (chocolate), is not too expensive and seems to work. when i wake up in the morning i don't feel hungry (that's usually the first thing that comes to mind). so i guess it works well.
bottom line is, i think it's a good product. will buy it again.
- Great CaseinReview by Paul (16 November 2010)
- I purchased the Vanilla flavour. Was worried that it wouldn't taste very good, but I was surprised. Creates a nice thick and tasty shake.
However, I'm not too sure about the results. I can't do any harm taking some before you go to sleep to prevent catabolism.
- good luckReview by Hendre (1 November 2010)
- Calcium Caseinate- What can i say. Why doesn't the supplement companies make a real good quality supplement for heavens sake! Calcium caseinate is not a good quality protein! yeah, its slow release but how much is actually absorbed and utilised by the body? its not a good bv protein! go and do your research.the real stuff costs money and even then you get ripped off somehow!
- GreatReview by Keagan (20 October 2010)
- Nothing better than pure casein protein,finally Evox has brought out a product to the public,thats cheap and works better than most imported goods.This slow release quality protein, is great tasting,easily mixed and works like a charm just before hitting the bed.
Serving Size: 40g
|Amount per Serving (40g)|
Amount per 100g
|Energy (Cal)||136 Cal||340 Cal|
|Amino Acid Profile per 100g:|
• Take 2 heaped scoops (2 scoops= 40g) with 200-300ml water or skim milk.
• Evox 100% Casein can be used as a mid-morning, mid-afternoon and before bedtime supplement.
• Add or remove water or skim milk to acquire desirable taste and thickness.
• Best used by active individuals wishing to prevent muscle breakdown during long periods of non-eating.
• Mix in a blender or shaker for best results.
Do not use if any known sensitivities to any of the ingredients exist. Check with your doctor before use should you be on any medication. Manufactured on dairy equipment and may contain dairy products. Consult a physician prior to use if you are pregnant or nursing. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
SKU #: EVECASCF