SSA Supplements Slow Release Protein is Casein-based with a proprietary protein blend of slow release Casein, medium release Egg and fast release Whey Isolate in a 5:1:2 ratio.
Taken at night will capitalise on both the first recovery and growth release during sleep after one hour (Whey and Egg) and the second after two to four hours (Casein and Egg).
Serving Size: 2 Rounded Scoops (32 grams)
|Amount Per Serving||NRV|
|Energy||457 kJ||1 428 kJ||†|
|Protein||21 g||67 g||38%|
|Glycaemic Carbohydrates||4 g||11 g||†|
|of Which Total Sugar||1,6 g||5,2 g||†|
|Total Fat||1 g||3,3 g||†|
|of Which Saturated Fat||0,5 g||1,6 g||†|
|Dietary Fibre#||0,9||2,8 g||†|
|Sodium||134 mg||419 mg||†|
|GH RELEASING POTENTIATOR|
|Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid (GABA)||1 500 mg||4 688 mg||†|
|*NRV Per Serving-Nutrient Reference Values for individuals older than 4 years.|
†-NRV not established.# Dietaty fibre obtained using AOAC 985.29
Time Released Protein Blend (Micellar Casein, Whey Protein Concentrate, Egg Albumin, Milk Protein), Insulin, Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid (GABA), Flavouring, Soy Lecithin, Non- Nutritive Sweeteners (Sucralose & Acesulfame k), Digestive Enzyme Blend.
Contains Cow’s Milk.
This product is produced in a facility that processes Eggs, Dairy and Soy.
• Mix 2-4 rounded scoops to 200-400ml fat free milk or water.
• Due to the slow releasing protein properties and the infusion of GABA, it is best taken at night before bedtime.
• Also suitable as mid-morning protein meal.
Seek advice from a health professional before use if you have any pre-existing medical condition. Do not use if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are being treated for heart disease or high blood pressure. Should not be used in conjunction with any prescription medication, including MAO inhibitors, stimulants or anti-depressants. Discontinue use and consult your doctor if any adverse reactions occur. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- Nice before bed protein shakeReview by Shane (26 March 2017)
- Been using this for about 2 years, since March 2015, started out with chocolate flavour for a month or two and then tried vanilla, I definitely prefer the vanilla. Use it every night before bed, varying between 1 to 1.5 scoops depending on my meal plan for the day. Nice product, nice price. Well done Supps SA.
- Awesome product!Review by raimond (18 August 2015)
- In my opinion , the best casein on the market with great taste ! I wake up feeling fuller ! Powder has great quality , very fine!
- Meal replacementReview by Henk (20 May 2015)
- I actually use it as a carb-free meal replacement shake. Just one a day. With water it is not to thick, but if I want a treat I use full cream milk ... yum. Keeps me full till my next meal (rep on the road)
- the bestReview by koos (10 June 2014)
- This is the best product I have ever tried , but is it safe for teen?????
SW: Hi Koos. No the product is not recommended for teenagers.
- A good caseinReview by GripZA (12 March 2014)
- Very decently priced compared to other casein based proteins. Does what casein protein needs to do. Nothing more, nothing less. Value for money is good, so I will continue to purchase this until I find a better casein protein
- Good ValueReview by Ruan (13 November 2013)
- This product worked well for me in the past
- --Review by Hein (16 October 2013)
- Cheaper than the pure casein powders on this site and my stomach handles it well. Tastes kinda bad imo, but not bad enough to throw away. I'd rather pay more for better tasting ones after I finish this tub.
- Midnight LifesaverReview by Tjaart (25 September 2013)
- Can't go wrong with 1 or 2 scoops of this before bed, especially if you are recovering and you didn't eat too well through out the day. It's a little thick if mixed with milk, but tastes good.