SSN are undergoing product rebranding. The formulations are the same.
You may receive a product with the old packaging until the new packing arrives.
SSN 100% Whey Protein is a premium locally produced whey shake for lean muscle and recovery.
To get the athletic look for your body you need to increase lean muscle by doing weight training and feeding your muscles enough protein to grow.
Protein will come from meat and dairy and should be included with each meal. Athletes supplement their protein intake by using a shake which gives them a fast-absorbing premium source.
Each serving of this product will give you 22 grams of the recommended dosage for fitness athletes to increase muscle.
Unique to this whey shake are the immune enhancing glycomacropeptides which are a result of the quality protein the manufacturers have used.
Recover From Your Workouts
A good shake not only builds lean muscle but also helps with recovery. If you are not recovering properly from your training then you will not perform at your best.
The abundance of naturally occurring Glutamine and BCAAs in this product will support the repair and building process.
Glutamine levels may become depleted from intense training which reduces recovery and also plays a role in your immune system. Each serving has 3.8 grams of this key amino acid to help you become stronger.
Quality Protein Manufacturing
The protein used in this whey shake has been produced using a complex low temperature ultra-filtration process. This will give you a product with one of the highest quality and biological values currently on the market.
Easy To Mix
If lumps have been an issue for you in the past then this shake is for you. It has been instantised which means you can mix it with a spoon.
SSN 100% Whey Protein is a protein shake giving fitness athletes uncompromising quality and great taste.
- Good results that don't break the walletReview by Alex (27 June 2018)
- TastePriceEffectivenessMy first experience with SSN was with the 2kg Vanilla and I was pretty happy with it.
Mixes well, taste is pleasant but not amazing, no bloating, and great value.
Would recommend 7/10.
- SuspiciousReview by Sharad (18 April 2018)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteThis was the best local concentrate I could ever think of but since the new ownership and now packaging change, I'm suspicious of the way its now made. The old whey used to mix like water, thin and light but this new packaged whey froths and foams up like a badly poured beer. Strange, and now much cheaper...hmm.
- Quality supplementReview by Marco (22 November 2016)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteI bought cookies and cream
Flavour was great
Gains kept coming .
I recommend it to anyone
Its a pity that its getting way too expensive
- ExcellentReview by Riyaad (8 August 2016)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteAn excellent product by SSN, not sweet at all (Strawberry), high in BCAA's compared to other local Whey. Price a bit to high compared to other local whey products. On a side note, mixes perfectly with a shaker or blender but not with a spoon like it states it can on the packaging.
- effectiveReview by turbo (14 July 2016)
- My First Whey ExperienceReview by Julia (19 May 2016)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteSSN 100% Whey was my very first experience with whey ever. I felt the difference in my body and mind immediately and I've definitely increased my muscle mass. My only gripe is that I appear more bulky than lean although not sure if it's the shake's fault. It's also started to hurt my stomach so I'm going to try a different protein going forward with digestive enzymes. That said, the portion sizes and ingredients are excellent at this price. If you have a sweet tooth, strawberry is awesome.
- nice productReview by ubaid (7 February 2016)
- TastePriceEffectivenessNice product
- Love itReview by Charlton (10 January 2016)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteOn the more expensive side of brands, but great quality and taste
- Good value for moneyReview by Paola (12 December 2015)
- TastePriceEffectivenessGood product considering the pricing and general health usage.
- Horrendous taste!Review by Kay! (13 August 2015)
- TastePriceEffectivenessStarted using it after using ON whey... taste ( using chocolate) is horrendous! Price and effect is pretty decent. Doesn't mix well for sure! overall it's a 2.5 stars.
- Not the bestReview by james (22 June 2015)
- EffectivenessTastePriceWorst tasting whey I've ever tried, can't drink it without getting nauseous.
- DecentReview by Shamz (27 April 2015)
- TastePriceEffectivenessDecent local product but price sucks
- local is getting pricyReview by zyzz (15 April 2015)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteIs it worth the R600 price tag, I'd say no ssn whey is going into price ranges of much better whey protein brands, I can foresee ssn whey taking a beating from other brands.
- great taste, twice the priceReview by Christopher (31 January 2015)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteBrilliant whey, great taste and great results. Terrible pricing but what isn't expensive these days.
- Good productReview by Wenna (3 December 2014)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteIts a good product dissolves quickly don't need a shaker.
Have tried only the Banana flavour. Flavour quality is good, discovered i don't like banana...
- Good but taste yaakReview by Govind (1 December 2014)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteAs product good in budget & Ingredient look good, but doesn't mix well and taste is not good at all....
- Very good proteinReview by AshVR (28 July 2014)
- TastePriceEffectivenessHave been using SSN whey for 4 years. Best South-african whey out there by far. Cookies and cream as well as chocolate tastes amazing. If only the price could stay more or less the same, the price increase over the past two years is crazy and the product doesn't even get imported like most of the others. A good buy non the less. Recommended.
- Awesome but price is way too high...Review by Chad (4 July 2014)
- TastePriceEffectivenessI remember buying this from dischem like 2 years back, it came with an SSN multivit bottle with 30 tabs and it was 399. It's shot up all the way to R599 in 2 years, minus the tabs :/ which is why I wont buy it now again. Good product, I like SSN since they were awesome quality for money but it's a tad overboard pricing on the whey protein.
Otherwise, this protein is really awesome and I wish I could get it again at a more reasonable price.
- goodReview by kenneth (18 May 2014)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteIt is really good
- great tasteReview by Larry (8 April 2014)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteone of the best tasting protein powders out there but price is ridiculous at the moment
- Excellent but taste?Review by Leighshe (26 February 2014)
- EffectivenessTastePriceI love this product and have used the Cookies & Cream flavor for several months. Decided to give Choc Nut Toffee a go. Yuk!! It is the worst tasting protein powder I have ever come across with a bitter/strange after taste and smell. Also the nutrient value differs from Cookies & Cream with Choc Nut being lower on every ingredient! Once this lot is finished I will definitely continue using the product but go back to my preferred flavor
- Good productReview by Tyron (25 September 2013)
- TastePriceEffectivenessMixes very well, taste is good. does the job
- good product on the marketReview by Warren (17 April 2013)
- Its decent whey product...does not mix so easily but not too much of an issue......good price if buying from supp world....try it,u wont be disappointed with the results.
- The best wheyReview by Shanzo (8 April 2013)
- I've been using this product for a long time now ( couple years) it's great quality and does the job really well. Truly great value for money. They say you get what you pay for, but with SSN you get a bit more.
- Great wheyReview by JackSparrow (4 March 2013)
- This is a great tasting whey, especially cookies and cream. I believe this one of the better quality whey proteins out there!
- Great productReview by Tyson (12 February 2013)
- Great tasting, best low carb shake I've had. Great for recovery.
- GoodReview by Jaco (6 February 2013)
- Very good value for money, good price. Not very thick, easy to chug down.
- not so goodReview by neil (7 December 2012)
- hi.after doing sum research and reading the reviews.i bought the whey and just using it for three days,i cant stomach it.it creating air in my system and very loose stools.quiet disappointed in ssn and really weak texture.i still prefer standard gold whey....
- Definitely best for Price range!!!Review by Sasha (25 November 2012)
- I've tried many Whey Protein powders, and I have reviewed some of the best. I would not put this protein under the "Great" Protein section... They cost double the price for a reason...
But it's definitely a Good protein, and does compete with international "good" proteins, High Protein Percentage 75% with Isolates..
Flavour is not bad, I recommend Choc or strawberry. ( I've heard cookies and cream & choc mint are also good but I haven't tried them )
- awesome wheyReview by Jaryd (21 November 2012)
- This whey not only tastes amazing but after a month I had put on lean hard muscle
- Great productReview by ross (12 November 2012)
- The SSN whey protein is some really good stuff and its one of the best proteins on the market!!!!!!
I have been using it for a while now and it really helps a lot with strength and it tastes really nice.
Also, it is really worth the price they charge at Supplement World.
- decent!Review by Jesse (4 November 2012)
- Hey i tried this product , was very cool, does not mix easy with water extremely lumpy and disgusting, suggest using a blender with some low fat milk....should be able to obtain decent gains with hard work but this is seriously not thee best out there.
- Good just need to try other flavoursReview by Emile (20 October 2012)
- Good whey product. Not much to say about whey. Only negative for me was that the strawberry gets boring really quick. Other than that a good protein shake
- Excellent Protein ShakeReview by Ashleigh (20 October 2012)
- I switched to SSN a few weeks ago and I can feel the difference already! Great as a post workout drink. The high protein content and low fat and carb content makes this product even more perfect. Not to mention the amazing taste and mixability.
- Great productReview by Stanislav (15 October 2012)
- Started using this product recently after switching from Evox, very effective for picking up lean mass.
Tastes good (choc flavour), but I do find it to be a bit sweet for a whey product.
Overall, in line with the international brands but at a cheaper price ++
- SSNReview by Tiaan (5 October 2012)
- Its a good whey. ... great price by the way but i didn't like it that much as i like the optimum
- best value for moneyReview by Ivan (12 September 2012)
- This product is very well priced if you're buying supplements every month. It has a lot of servings per container(65) and with high protein and low carbs. It's good quality and affordable.
- Fantastic choice of proteinReview by Thomas (8 August 2012)
- Really good choice of protein, the choc nut toffee flavor is especially good, its probably one of the best tasting whey protein's on the market. I occasionally use it to make a sauce for my protein pancakes, works wonders and has a great consistency and volume.
Its a decent price, not cheap, but not expensive either for what you get, and has very effective results when it comes to recovery.
Definitely a perfect choice for those looking for a great taste, and great results at a great price.
- Best whey protein I've ever usedReview by beast (3 August 2012)
- One of the best proteins I've ever used. Tastes great, and has a great price
- FantasticReview by Modern10 (24 July 2012)
- I have been using this product for the past month now. Here are a few things I have noted both positive and negative.
The price is a bit steep and its one of the more expensive whey's.
It mixes brilliantly, no need to shake it for minutes, quick 20 second mix and everything has dissolved.
It tastes awesome no bad aftertaste
Unlike other brands the tub is nearly 100% full.
I felt that a had to use more than the recommended 2 scoops as it was i bit watery.
More importantly i have seen some solid gains.
All in all a brilliant product, don't see myself using anything else.
- NIce product.Review by De Wet (14 June 2012)
- It mixes easy.
The banana toffee tastes very nice.
Love this whey!
- great productReview by Rudie (23 May 2012)
- this is a great choice for people wanting to not spend high amounts of money for good quality protein... would recommend it to anyone looking in this department
- GoodReview by De Wet (18 May 2012)
- Good protein, good taste, very thin tasting, not the best
- GOOD PRODUCTReview by TREVPR (9 May 2012)
- Glad to see the price had come down a bit. it was waaaaay to high. crazy actually! seen some good lean muscle results and the choc nut toffee tastes awesome, second to ON 100% Whey.
- Awsome product but what happen to the price???Review by big ron (5 May 2012)
- i have been using this whey for 3 years and have seen amazing results, this helps a lot with recovery and doesnt leave u bloated like some products, cookies and cream is the best flavour with milk, only problem is the price has shot up! you can get much better imported proteins in the same price range now
- good stuffReview by Iron_Man (3 May 2012)
- Good overall product. Decent taste, lasts quite a while in your gut with low bloat and no runnss..Can add a teaspoon of SSN CGT-BCAA's for added benefits but taste will be compromised. the price use to be fairly average but recently SA's whey pricing has shot up so much that it leaves one comparing to international brands such as universal. i mean rather spend the extra Rands & purchase international standard products
- Excellent productReview by Salatiso (10 March 2012)
- Used this for 2 months, great product. Very soluble so no issues with mixing, tastes great and virtually no after taste.
Be warned though, the strawberry flavour is makes a 'pink drink'
- No ssn what have u done!!!Review by me (10 March 2012)
- great supplement but what happened 2 the price it sky rocketed there are products that do the same 4 less!!!
- Best whey protein I've ever usedReview by Rugby11 (6 February 2012)
- One of the best proteins i"ve ever used. Tastes great, and has a great price
- GreatReview by Jee (31 January 2012)
- Definitely the best whey protein I've used yet, i will buy this again any day of the week. Great taste and easy to mix and probably one of the best whey proteins out there.
Serving Size: 2 Level Scoops (Approx 30g)
|Amount Per Serving||NRV|
|Energy||496 kJ / 118 Cal|
|Glycaemic Carbohydrates||1.5 g||†|
|of which total sugar||1.5 g||†|
|Total Fat||1,8 g||†|
|of which saturated fat||0.6 g||†|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g||†|
|ESSENTIAL AMINO ACIDS|
|L-Leucine||2 714 mg||†|
|L-Isoleucine||1 400 mg||†|
|L-Valine||1 472 mg||†|
|L-Lysine||2 123 mg||†|
|L-Threonine||1 680 mg||†|
|NON-ESSENTIAL AMINO ACIDS|
|L-Alanine||1 200 mg||†|
|L-Aspartic Acid||2 250 mg||†|
|L-Glutamine / Glutamic acid||4 070 mg||†|
|L-Serine||1 100 mg||†|
|L-Proline||1 350 mg||†|
|Nutrient Reference Values (NRV's) for individuals 4 years and older (2010). |
† NRV's Not Established
Ultra and cross-flow micro-filtered whey protein concentrate and isolate blend (containing the following whey micro-fractions: b-lactoglobulin, a-lactalbumin, albumin, immunoglobulins, glycomacropeptides, minor peptides/peptones and cellular growth factors), flavor, soy lecithin, sucralose.
Allergen Information: Cow’s milk, Soy.
This product is manufactured in a facility that uses eggs, dairy, soy, wheat (gluten) and nuts.
Add two level scoops (30 g) to 250-300 ml of cold water, fat free milk or other suitable beverage of your choice and blend well.
Take one to two servings per day or use as required to help meet your daily protein requirements.
A serving can be taken directly after your workout.
Alternatively use as recommended by your nutritional advisor.
This shake is instantised so you can mix it easily with a spoon.
Use this product as a food supplement only. Intended for healthy adults over the age of 18. Consult your Primary Health Care Practitioner before use, especially if you are taking medication. Not recommended for use in pregnant or lactating females. Do not exceed the recommended daily intake.