SSN 100% Whey Protein is a premium locally produced whey shake for lean muscle and recovery.
To get the athletic look for your body you need to increase lean muscle by doing weight training and feeding your muscles enough protein to grow.
Protein will come from meat and dairy and should be included with each meal. Athletes supplement their protein intake by using a shake which gives them a fast-absorbing premium source.
Each serving of this product will give you 22 grams of the recommended dosage for fitness athletes to increase muscle.
Unique to this whey shake are the immune enhancing glycomacropeptides which are a result of the quality protein the manufacturers have used.
Recover From Your Workouts
A good shake not only builds lean muscle but also helps with recovery. If you are not recovering properly from your training then you will not perform at your best.
The abundance of naturally occurring Glutamine and BCAAs in this product will support the repair and building process.
Glutamine levels may become depleted from intense training which reduces recovery and also plays a role in your immune system. Each serving has 3.8 grams of this key amino acid to help you become stronger.
Quality Protein Manufacturing
The protein used in this whey shake has been produced using a complex low temperature ultra-filtration process. This will give you a product with one of the highest quality and biological values currently on the market.
Easy To Mix
If lumps have been an issue for you in the past then this shake is for you. It has been instantised which means you can mix it with a spoon.
SSN 100% Whey Protein is a protein shake giving fitness athletes uncompromising quality and great taste.
Serving Size: 2 Level Scoops (Approx 30g)
|Amount Per Serving||NRV|
|Energy||496 kJ / 118 Cal|
|Glycaemic Carbohydrates||1.5 g||†|
|of which total sugar||1.5 g||†|
|Total Fat||1,8 g||†|
|of which saturated fat||0.6 g||†|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g||†|
|ESSENTIAL AMINO ACIDS|
|L-Leucine||2 714 mg||†|
|L-Isoleucine||1 400 mg||†|
|L-Valine||1 472 mg||†|
|L-Lysine||2 123 mg||†|
|L-Threonine||1 680 mg||†|
|NON-ESSENTIAL AMINO ACIDS|
|L-Alanine||1 200 mg||†|
|L-Aspartic Acid||2 250 mg||†|
|L-Glutamine / Glutamic acid||4 070 mg||†|
|L-Serine||1 100 mg||†|
|L-Proline||1 350 mg||†|
|Nutrient Reference Values (NRV's) for individuals 4 years and older (2010). |
† NRV's Not Established
Ultra and cross-flow micro-filtered whey protein concentrate and isolate blend (containing the following whey micro-fractions: b-lactoglobulin, a-lactalbumin, albumin, immunoglobulins, glycomacropeptides, minor peptides/peptones and cellular growth factors), flavor, soy lecithin, sucralose.
Allergen Information: Cow’s milk, Soy.
This product is manufactured in a facility that uses eggs, dairy, soy, wheat (gluten) and nuts.
• Add two level scoops (30 g) to 250-300 ml of cold water, fat free milk or other suitable beverage of your choice and blend well.
• Take one to two servings per day or use as required to help meet your daily protein requirements.
• A serving can be taken directly after your workout.
• Alternatively use as recommended by your nutritional advisor.
• This shake is instantised so you can mix it easily with a spoon.
Use this product as a food supplement only. Intended for healthy adults over the age of 18. Consult your Primary Health Care Practitioner before use, especially if you are taking medication. Not recommended for use in pregnant or lactating females. Do not exceed the recommended daily intake.
- Good results that don't break the walletReview by Alex (27 June 2018)
- TastePriceEffectivenessMy first experience with SSN was with the 2kg Vanilla and I was pretty happy with it.
Mixes well, taste is pleasant but not amazing, no bloating, and great value.
Would recommend 7/10.
- SuspiciousReview by Sharad (18 April 2018)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteThis was the best local concentrate I could ever think of but since the new ownership and now packaging change, I'm suspicious of the way its now made. The old whey used to mix like water, thin and light but this new packaged whey froths and foams up like a badly poured beer. Strange, and now much cheaper...hmm.
- Quality supplementReview by Marco (22 November 2016)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteI bought cookies and cream
Flavour was great
Gains kept coming .
I recommend it to anyone
Its a pity that its getting way too expensive
- ExcellentReview by Riyaad (8 August 2016)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteAn excellent product by SSN, not sweet at all (Strawberry), high in BCAA's compared to other local Whey. Price a bit to high compared to other local whey products. On a side note, mixes perfectly with a shaker or blender but not with a spoon like it states it can on the packaging.
- effectiveReview by turbo (14 July 2016)
- My First Whey ExperienceReview by Julia (19 May 2016)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteSSN 100% Whey was my very first experience with whey ever. I felt the difference in my body and mind immediately and I've definitely increased my muscle mass. My only gripe is that I appear more bulky than lean although not sure if it's the shake's fault. It's also started to hurt my stomach so I'm going to try a different protein going forward with digestive enzymes. That said, the portion sizes and ingredients are excellent at this price. If you have a sweet tooth, strawberry is awesome.
- nice productReview by ubaid (7 February 2016)
- TastePriceEffectivenessNice product
- Love itReview by Charlton (10 January 2016)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteOn the more expensive side of brands, but great quality and taste
- Good value for moneyReview by Paola (12 December 2015)
- TastePriceEffectivenessGood product considering the pricing and general health usage.
- Horrendous taste!Review by Kay! (13 August 2015)
- TastePriceEffectivenessStarted using it after using ON whey... taste ( using chocolate) is horrendous! Price and effect is pretty decent. Doesn't mix well for sure! overall it's a 2.5 stars.
- Not the bestReview by james (22 June 2015)
- EffectivenessTastePriceWorst tasting whey I've ever tried, can't drink it without getting nauseous.
- DecentReview by Shamz (27 April 2015)
- TastePriceEffectivenessDecent local product but price sucks
- local is getting pricyReview by zyzz (15 April 2015)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteIs it worth the R600 price tag, I'd say no ssn whey is going into price ranges of much better whey protein brands, I can foresee ssn whey taking a beating from other brands.
- great taste, twice the priceReview by Christopher (31 January 2015)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteBrilliant whey, great taste and great results. Terrible pricing but what isn't expensive these days.
- Good productReview by Wenna (3 December 2014)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteIts a good product dissolves quickly don't need a shaker.
Have tried only the Banana flavour. Flavour quality is good, discovered i don't like banana...
- Good but taste yaakReview by Govind (1 December 2014)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteAs product good in budget & Ingredient look good, but doesn't mix well and taste is not good at all....
- Very good proteinReview by AshVR (28 July 2014)
- TastePriceEffectivenessHave been using SSN whey for 4 years. Best South-african whey out there by far. Cookies and cream as well as chocolate tastes amazing. If only the price could stay more or less the same, the price increase over the past two years is crazy and the product doesn't even get imported like most of the others. A good buy non the less. Recommended.
- Awesome but price is way too high...Review by Chad (4 July 2014)
- TastePriceEffectivenessI remember buying this from dischem like 2 years back, it came with an SSN multivit bottle with 30 tabs and it was 399. It's shot up all the way to R599 in 2 years, minus the tabs :/ which is why I wont buy it now again. Good product, I like SSN since they were awesome quality for money but it's a tad overboard pricing on the whey protein.
Otherwise, this protein is really awesome and I wish I could get it again at a more reasonable price.
- goodReview by kenneth (18 May 2014)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteIt is really good
- great tasteReview by Larry (8 April 2014)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteone of the best tasting protein powders out there but price is ridiculous at the moment