SSN Mass Addiction is a high calorie and nutrient dense mass gainer.
Mega 1000 Calories
To start putting on weight you need to eat more food at each meal and eat more frequently.
For hard gainers who eat a lot and still struggle to increase weight, eating more food can be physically demanding. Drinking this mass gainer shake is an easy way to add an extra 1000 calories to your diet.
Taken at once or the serving halved and taken twice a day, 1000 calories will help you start putting on size.
Get More Mass
This shake not only increases body weight but also gives you 50 grams of quality protein per dose to feed muscle growth. Amino acids from protein are responsible for an increase in muscle mass.
Save You Money
At the recommended dose each 4.5 kg bucket or bag will give you 15 hyper-calorie servings.
To get the same amount of calories as a single serving of this mass gainer you would need to eat 3 hamburgers! At the time of this review a serving of this shake will cost R31 and 3 hamburgers approximately R90.
You are saving R60 with each serving! To get added value from the product you can start by having half a serving each day. If you start to see results you are saving even more.
To give you the benefits of the different carbohydrate sources a 4 phase carb blend of waxy maize starch, maltodextrin, dextrose and fructose has been added.
This gives you fast and slow-releasing carbohydrates which makes this a great recovery shake if taken after your workout.
SSN Mass Addiction provides you with the full recommended daily dose for most of the vitamins included in this weight gaining shake. With 1000 calories per serving this gainer will start putting weight on the hardest of gainers.
- Good all roundReview by Ty (13 December 2017)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteGood supplement all round, most reviews compliment this supplement unlike others so that tells you a lot already.
Perfect for hard gainers and meal replacement, keeps you fuller than most mass gainers since its multi phrase so meaning your muscles get fed through out the day avoiding catabolism (muscle burning).
Only thing I dislike is its too sweet but that's my preference, otherwise taste is good.
- Excellent ProductReview by Sessa242 (24 July 2017)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteIf you are skinny and looking to put on some good mass and if you have a fast metabolism then I would seriously recommend this product! I have been using this product to bulk since 2014 and no other products come close to this. I have tried many others but SSN never fails to impress.
- Good mass gainer MRPReview by Shane (26 March 2017)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteBeen using this on and off since September 2015. I work it into my meal plan during bulking periods. Works really well when calorie cycling and is an easy way to bump calories up by 1,000 a day. Only ever tried the Vanilla Cream flavour so can't comment on the others. The 6 scoop shake they recommend is huuuuuge and you'll need a 1 litre shaker if you're going to have the full size serving. I generally split it up into 2 x 3 scoop shakes a day mid morning and afternoon on training days and then I use Evolve Muscle Grow on rest days just cos it's far lighter on carbs and fits in with the calorie cycling. It is a thick shake and the texture kind of reminds of that porridge called Kreemy Meal. Overall I like it for bulking, would be wary at any other time though, there are A LOT of carbs in this stuff. Keep up the good work SSN.
- taste good first tym to use supplementsReview by joo (8 January 2017)
- TastePriceEffectivenessI started using this product for a week now im taking 3 scoops after gym with creatine monohydrte pure
- massReview by tristan (22 January 2016)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteI have been using for a week and could we gains already in my legs.I am a cycler that's why my legs are showing results
- It WorksReview by Jay (11 January 2016)
- TastePriceEffectivenessIf i could add a picture from then and now on just this alone
- best supple evaReview by joshwin (3 December 2015)
- PriceEffectivenessTaste1month i gained 3kg and make me stronger
- number 1 ProductReview by Dannyboy (11 November 2015)
- PriceEffectivenessTastethis Product is no.1 i used it after 3 weeks i saw a huge differences keep it up
- best mass gainsReview by easy (13 August 2015)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteBest product in the market...solid muscles gain no fat and insane pumps during workout
- lovelyReview by muscle junky 0809 (11 August 2015)
- EffectivenessTastePriceI bought the 2.2kg bag. Gained 3kgs in 2 weeks. This product works well for hard gainers and I can't wait to get another
- its greatReview by Tony (5 June 2015)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteSSN Mass addiction is a great shake for picking up weight I have been hitting the gym for a week now and I have already picked up 2 kg,I'm going to permanently use it !!
- BenReview by B (31 May 2015)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteGreat product, value for money. It definitely works, use half milk and half water to prevent it from being too thick. Didn't give me any belly fat and it has no creatine, so minimal water retention. Overall a great product, best Mass gainer you will come across.
- tasted better but its okReview by Ezra (27 January 2015)
- TastePriceEffectivenessIt tasted ok and increased my muscle size and gave me good 4kgs of mass i was really impressed by this mass gainer
- I've once used it, it's amazing and I'm coming to use it full time.Review by Ace (24 November 2014)
- TastePriceEffectivenessIt is an amazing product, I used it for only few weeks, and people notice a difference, even myself I notice my clothes were fitting me so nice and there was very big difference. I stopped a while and now I am planning to go back and no more turning back. Please carry on producing this product.
- NkululekoReview by bumy chest (30 July 2014)
- TastePriceEffectivenessits a good option if u wanna gain in a short period......m 2 weeks in use of it nd haven't even finished the package, but my weight topped up by 3.8kg before meals .lol
- You can see results within a week or twoReview by Tristan (23 June 2014)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteDoesn't taste bad like the others but builds muscle fast! Gained a lot and I haven't finished yet . Can't stop burping though!
- pretty damn good!Review by Duncan (8 May 2014)
- TastePriceEffectivenessIt tastes really nice, though is a little thick when mixed with milk.
It makes me burp like crazy, but has worked really well, I have put on 3kgs so far and I'm only half way through and have had some noticable gains.
- awesomeReview by hulk buildeR ;) (31 March 2014)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteGood for gaining solid mass and solid muscle
- Great mass gainerReview by M.k.1 (26 March 2014)
- PriceEffectivenessTastePacked an additional 5kg's
Really great taste but it bit too thick when mixed with milk
Gained solid mass
Great mass gainer
- price is reasonable considering its 4.5kgReview by Ryan (1 March 2014)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteVery good mass builder.Put on 6kgs and still haven't finished it.However I have stopped gymming for one month got myself grounded lol.But you need to eat a lot as well as take the protein 3 times a day.1 scoop during the day,1.5 scoops after a workout and 1 scoop before sleep.Works really good and tastes amazing to me.
- mass addiction is the bestReview by spike (19 February 2014)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteAfter I was done I got 5.8kg more with mass addiction
- Great Gainer! Didn't agree with my stomach...Review by LaserLemon (26 January 2014)
- EffectivenessTastePriceI was very impressed with this mass gainer, got some solid gains. More so than with other similar products and I was happy with the taste.
Close to being finished with my tub however I just couldn't stomach the stuff any more. Gave me the runs big time. I haven't encountered anyone else that had the same problem with Mass Addiction though so hopefully you won't have to suffer what I did!
- Good ProductReview by Arif (8 January 2014)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteGood product at affordable price.
Taste is good. It is a bit too thick when mixed.
Great Post workout shake for recovery.
I gained about just over 2kg with this product.
- great productReview by A.K (3 January 2014)
- PriceEffectivenessTasteA good mass gainer, one which really works
- HARDCOREReview by wesley (25 November 2013)
- TastePriceEffectivenessBEST MASS GAINER ON THE MARKET FOR AN AFFORDABLE PRICE
- Good GainsReview by Matthew (9 November 2013)
- TastePriceEffectivenessOne of the 1st mass gainer i have tried and it did its job! Not the biggest fan with taste and used up fast but cant complain with the results!
- carbs overloadReview by wian (4 November 2013)
- TastePriceEffectivenessThis product is great for a hard-gainer but for anybody else is has too much carbs and not enough protein per serving.
- Bad tasting chocolate flavorReview by ANDREW (27 May 2013)
- Effective and gives quick results. Chocolate flavor is unpleasant though, and suggested serving is quite large.
- Great results!Review by Michael (9 May 2013)
- I bought my first batch of this from a pharmacy and I'm really impressed with the results! I'm not a hard gainer, but I had a difficult time getting in a good ratio of carbs for my bulk phase which is 50 percent carbs, 35 percent protein and 15 percent fats, used this as a mid morning meal replacement, which is always a difficult time to eat, specially if you have to travel a lot and this made it much easier to achieve, anyone complaining that you get fat... well either your missing the point of bulking and cutting, or you really went overboard, I have gained good weight, but with a controlled diet and plan, the gains will be good and controlled and my results with this have been excellent, plus the added vitamins and the low price makes this excellent value for money! Thank you SSN, this has made my goals much easier! Oh yes, taste, only used the chocolate flavor that I find incredible, almost like instant pudding, before you put it in the fridge, yeah it is thick, but tastes great in my opinion!
- Good productReview by mo-gale (22 April 2013)
- Good product. Saw really good gains, about 4kg during the course. Taste is great but the serving are to large . Didn't last long. Rather get Evox Solid mass worth the money
- GoodReview by Jits (14 January 2013)
- Good product. Chocolate tastes good. I gained 3 kg's in 2 weeks and I'm a very hard gainer.
- Gold StandardReview by muscle junkie (9 January 2013)
- You want broader shoulders, a muscular thicker neck,a gorilla pop out chest and pumped up Bi an Triceps ? Look no further than this product.I mixed 6 scoops with full cream milk stacked with creatine monohydrate for about a month ,2 servings a day right after my workout.Rocked up at the college after my holidays yesterday in a muscle tight vest and man o man ! If I got a penny for every stare and compliment I received,friends went gaga and wanted to know what I'm using . So if you wanna not only get big but extremely muscular look no further than SSN put me back in the GAME BIG TIME ! thanks SSN btw chocolate tastes amazing.
- You guys don't get itReview by Andre (2 November 2012)
- The reason the protein is so low and the carbs so high is because all those carbs are used to spare protein in the muscle and use the carbs as fuel for muscle instead of the protein. And you should be consuming other sources of protein in the first place. Just because you are eating 600g of protein a day it doesn't mean it is all being used for muscle, I can assure you half of that is excreted from your body in the form of urea. But that's basic gaining knowledge. If you want to gain, first get your diet straight.
I've had enough of people complaining of not gaining weight from using products. You can only gain weight when you eat more energy than you put out. Mass gainers are there to give you that little bit extra over your maintenance intake to make you gain weight.
All mass gainers work regardless of the brand, USN hyperbolic mass and SSN mass have exactly the same protein/carb ratios. Don't just drink gainers and expect that you will gain. To be straight, you should eat huge amounts and then if you still don't gain, then you use mass gainers.
Don't blame not gaining on these products especially this one if your diet sucks. This is an awesome product, I love the chocolate and vanilla cream. I divide the servings up with decent balanced meals. Awesome product.
- effectivenessReview by DR. Muscle (9 October 2012)
- Great tasting (chocolate) must be mixed with enough milk though. Gains will be good but will vary on factors such as metabolism and how you take it.
You can expect a good quality product
- Good ProductReview by Zubair (21 September 2012)
- Gained about 3 Kilos with a good diet. Chocolate tasted great.
Overall a good product but definitely inferior to serious mass.
- GoodReview by ET (30 August 2012)
- It works quickly and worth every cent
- wurth whileReview by Dupie (9 August 2012)
- Product taste awesome .
Does not bloat like other supplements
It doesn't cause stomach disruptions like others
and according to family and friends IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- superbReview by Tyron (28 July 2012)
- I used this product very good , only thing is scoop size is fairly large which equals in large gains , gained 5KG off one bag !!!! Basically a cheaper and equally effective as popular serious mass
- fatteningReview by Tendai (9 June 2012)
- With no cardio its lik eattin butter
- was impressedReview by MEE (10 March 2012)
- I used half of the recommended serving it lasted longer and i still picked up 5KG'S and its great tasting stuff this so no complaints from me!!! Recommend if looking to gain some weight !!!
- GoodReview by Devrol (27 February 2012)
- This worked well and I gained 4kg so ya :)
- AverageReview by Nick (23 November 2011)
- Decent taste as well as price considering its serving size. Reasonably effective for the so called 'hard gainers' however, the calorie-dense composition means you'll need to be supplementing in a few more cardio sessions than normal.
- GoodReview by M (14 July 2011)
- I have used this product twice and I gained 4kg each time which is great because I really struggle to gain. Vanilla is the best tasting flavored of the 3 .
- Wasnt the bestReview by reza (15 June 2011)
- I got this product thinking id really bulk somebody told me its better then usn hyperbolic mass. But realy itz n0t .the taste wasnt that great .abit over priced. But i pickd up 2kgs when i was done. Was hoping to gain at least 5kgs r m0re
- Just started using itReview by Ray (4 April 2011)
- I have just recently started using this product and so far:
I have to agree about the taste(I use strawberry), it's not the best tasting shake around.
Very disappointing with the packaging as there is no resealable option so I have to fold the bag and use pegs or decant it into another tub and then still have some left over in the bag. Surely SSN can work a bit on their packaging to make life a little easier for us!
Yes unfortunately you do need a blender or electric whisk to mix this shake otherwise it will be really slimy! If you mix it properly the texture it's not bad at all, it's like instant pudding, they just need to work on the taste.
That said I have used mass gainers many times before and I have to say I don't experience any bloating or stomach problems once I've chugged it down and it keeps me satisfied till the next meal.
I will keep you guys posted as to what gains I make with this product.
- AverageReview by Andries (19 March 2011)
- I tried the strawberry (along with creatine) and was relieved that it only had 15 servings because the taste is so bad. 3 scoops didn't mix completely with water. I drank half a serving after a gym session and another half before going to bed. Maintained my weight but didn't pick up much. Still looking for something that works with weight gain for an ectomorph; but this is not it.
- maybe too soon to tell?Review by E-Dowlg (13 March 2011)
- Bought this about 2 weeks ago. havent been faithful in taking it though. i feel you have to halve servings. like 3 scoops during day and then 3 scoops after training. it is like sludge. even 3 scoops do not mix properly in a shaker. 2 scoops only do. but then you getting hardly any protein. havent noticed any difference as yet
- Not impressedReview by F.J (13 March 2011)
- After hearing about this from a friend I tried it.Its useless to me I didnt gain a single gram of weight..Rather prefer SSN's anabolic muscle builder which gave me 2kgs in the first week within using product.(I am not a hard gainer) I grues it just doezn't work like its suppose 2.
- too lil proteinReview by Paul (18 February 2011)
- shakes are meant to be a quick and cheaper alternative to the whole food i paid 380(from dischem) for a 4.5kg bag that is only 15 servings..... thats 2weeks... and each serving is 6 scoops, yes SIX and from that you only get 50grams of protein...
anabolic shake and whey will give you better quality gains and will work out a lot cheaper! 1000calcs and only 50 grams of protein... i had to use 2 shakers for one serving and then struggled to get my 300g of protein a day, 6 scoops of anabolic is over 1000cals and a whopping 180grams of protein
i am naturally lean 20years 78kgs 8%bf and it even made me lose my definition noticeable with a clean diet , lost every gram of gain trying to go back to my original definition
SSN is a great brand with many great mass gaining product i personally just dont fell this is one of them
- Unsure so farReview by albert (29 January 2011)
- Started using week ago ( vanilla flavour)... started getting huge stomach problems with product... had to go to bathroom after 2 hours using half serving every time
Still wanna push through with product because of high carbs and since im such a hard-gainer
will let you know of progress but have picked up 1.5kg in week so far
Flavour: Vanilla Cream / Strawberry
Serving Size:6 scoops (300g)
|Amount per Serving||NRV|
|Energy||4795 kJ / 1147 Cal|
|Glycaemic Carbohydrates||225,5 g||†|
|of which total sugar||48 g||†|
|Total Fat||3 g||†|
|of which saturated fat||1,5 g||†|
|Dietary Fibre||4,5 g||†|
|Total Sodium||678 mg||†|
|Vitamin A||1000 mcg||111%|
|Vitamin B1||1,4 mg||117%|
|Vitamin B2||1,6 mg||123%|
|Vitamin B6||2 mg||118%|
|Vitamin B12||1 mcg||42%|
|Vitamin C||60 mg||60%|
|Vitamin D||5 mcg||33%|
|Vitamin E||18 mg||120%|
|Folic Acid||0,2 mg||50%|
|Pantothenic Acid||6 mg||120%|
|ANABOLIC FREE FORM AMINO ACID COMPLEX||7248 mg||†|
|INSULIN SUPPORTING COMPLEX||31,56 mg||†|
|Alpha Lipoic Acid||†|
|Chromium Picolinate (200mcg Chromium)||200 mcg||571%|
|† NRV not established. Nutrient Reference Values (NRVs) for individuals 4 years and older.|
Flavour Difference: Chocolate
Serving Size:6 scoops (300g)
|Amount per Serving||NRV|
|Energy||4820 kJ / 1153 Call|
|Glycaemic Carbohydrates||216,5 g||†|
|Total Fat||5 g||†|
|of which saturated fat||2,5 g||†|
|Dietary Fibre||10,5 g||†|
|Total Sodium||570 mg||†|
|† NRV not established. Nutrient Reference Values (NRVs) for individuals 4 years and older.|
Multi-Phase Carbohydrate Blend (Waxy Maize Starch, Maltodextrin, Dextrose, Fructose), Mass Addiction Protein & Amino Acid Matrix (Ultra-Filtered Whey Protein, Calcium Caseinate, Egg Albumen, Soya Protein Isolate, Fat Free Dairy Solids, L-Glutamine, Taurine, L-Leucine, L-Valine, L-Isoleucine, L-Arginine, Alpha-Ketoglutarate, Calcium HMB), Cocoa Powder (in Chocolate flavour only), Flavouring, Xanthan Gum (Stabiliser), Guar Gum (Stabiliser), Sodium Chloride, Vitamin Blend, Insulin Supporting Complex (Alpha Lipoic Acid, Chromium Picolinate), Sucralose (Non-Nutritive Sweetener), Colouring (E122 – in Strawberry flavour only).
Allergen Information:Cow’s milk, Soy, Eggs.
This product is manufactured in a facility that uses eggs, dairy, soy, wheat (gluten) and nuts.
Add 6 scoops (approx 300 g) to a blender filled with 550-650 ml of cold water.
Blend for 45-60 seconds.
New users may prefer to begin supplementation with half a serving daily and then gradually increase to one of more full servings daily.
Drink a serving between breakfast and lunch.
If needed the other serving can be taken after your afternoon or evening workout.
Add a few ice cubes for a creamy shake.
To increase the calories even more add other ingredients like a banana or peanut butter and blend for an additional 30-45 seconds.
Seek advice from a health care professional before using this product if you are under 18 years of age of if you have any pre-existing medical condition(s). Keep out of reach of children. Do not take this product if you are pregnant or nursing a baby. Not suitable for diabetics. Discontinue use and consult your doctor if any adverse reactions occur.
Category: Nutrition Drinks & Shakes